Quality Control Project Manager
10 days ago
The QA Project Manager will play a key role in laying the groundwork for preparing to launch and support multiple AAA online games across next-generation console platforms. This individual will also lead a QA team to support ongoing live operations for our current stable of games on PC/web.
Our ideal candidate must have experience in QA testing, planning, resource allocation, scheduling/estimation, change management, risk analysis, and possess a strong background in the games industry. The individual in this position must be able to take ownership of end-to-end testing and quality-control efforts across all our supported projects, detect and navigate risks, keep stakeholders updated/informed, and guide our QA team to achieve superior results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a team of QA testers to support the launch and live operations of multiple game titles across PC, web, and console platforms.
- Be accountable for the quality of game releases, patches/updates, workflows, and relationships for the QA team; collaborate across disciplines to ensure all game quality and testing needs are met.
- Forecast, plan, and manage game and content patch/update test schedules, requirements, dependencies, and budget/resources.
- Lead, design, and execute test plans, checklists, documentation, and processes to ensure comprehensive and holistic quality coverage across all supported projects.
- Get hands on and proactively take part in smoke testing, creative/ad hoc testing, execution of test plans, submissions/certification testing (Microsoft, Sony, ESRB, PEGI, etc.), etc.
- Drive improvements in game testing processes, documentation, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Provide product quality-related support to production and development teams; e.g. in the areas of game design, qualitative feedback on features/content, and others.
- Advise project leads on end-to-end test strategy, execution, and reporting.
- Regularly communicate updates to internal/external project stakeholders.
- Ensure QA team is kept abreast of project goals/objectives; i.e. not just focused on task completion.
- Mentor, coach, and train junior members of the team.
- Responsible for any performance management/feedback exercises for staff in organization.
- Capable of managing internal and external QA team members.
- Strong self-accountability and dedication to success of the team.
- Able to work in a high-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Stays current on the latest free to play gaming mechanisms.
- Console (XB1/PS4) game publishing experience is a big plus.
- MMORPG experience is a huge bonus.
- Enjoys operating in a team with a start-up mentality.
- Excellent management skills, flexibility, and ability to handle uncertainties.
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Korean language skills are a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-8+ years’ experience in a QA role, with at least 2+ years in a leadership or management role.
- Experience working on multiple game launches and supporting live ops (games as a service).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, Tekken®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at www.bandainamcoent.com.