This job might no longer be available.
Quality Assurance (QA) Tester - FTC
28 days ago
We are Sports Interactive 🎮
The gaming studio behind: ⚽ Football Manager.
Founded in 1994, Sports Interactive (‘SI’) became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA Europe in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as we bring our titles to an ever-growing audience across an increasing variety of platforms.
To support our growth, we welcome the opportunity to connect with passionate people with the drive to match our ambitions and initiative to realise your individual potential.
Quality Assurance at Sports Interactive takes several forms, from specialised functionality testing to more player-centric playtesting and balancing, you will be assessing new and existing features, analysing data, providing valuable feedback, online customer support to our players; and much more.
As QA Testers you will be expected to work across a broad range of disciplines, platforms and products including, but not exclusive to:
- Art and animation
- User interface / UX
- Gameplay / balance
- Research and data
- Platform and stability testing
We believe that good QA Testers can come from a variety of backgrounds, including those who are new to the games industry. Our QA alumni are represented widely both inside and outside of the games industry, as well as within the studio at SI.
The fixed term contract will last until the end of Friday 29 th March 2024 and is expected to start at the end of July, or early August, at latest. You will need to commit to a 37.5 hour working week, working Monday to Friday, willing to start between 08:00 and 11:00 am.
We will be kicking off the interview process in June 2023, so please apply before Friday 2 nd June to make sure that you are considered.
Understanding why you are interested in this opportunity is really important to us, so only applications with a cover letter alongside a CV will be considered. Please let us know if you have a specific discipline of interest in your application.
You must have the right to work in the UK and be at least 16 years old to apply.
- Work both independently and collaboratively to identify defects in the game.
- Provide considered, insightful written and verbal feedback on gameplay, balance, and realism.
- Compile clear, concisely written bug reports.
- Test new features against design and verify fixes made to existing defects.
- Follow structured test-plans, checklists and other tasks and activities through to completion.
- Check builds meet the required quality and stability.
- Provide post-release customer support to our online community via forums and social media channels.
The following would be desirable, but not essential:
- Great attention to detail.
- An analytical, critical-thinking, curious and problem-solving mind-set.
- Adaptable and takes initiative to help ensure high quality games releases.
- Strong communication skills, with a high standard of written English.
- A high level of computer literacy.
- Familiarity with current or previous Football Manager, football and/or similar sports video games,
- Exposure or familiarity with console, PC/Mac, mobile hardware and/or service platforms,
- Professional testing experience (inside or outside of the games industry); including relevant certifications (such as ISTQB/ASTQB) where appropriate,
- Prior academic experience in a relevant games industry qualification and/or relevant practical experience in one or more of the following: Games or UI/UX design, Programming, Data science.
Benefits of Working at Sports Interactive:
- A flexible working policy to best suit you and your team. 🏠
- Subsidised mental health, therapy and coaching sessions are available. 😌
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 7% of annual salary). 🏦
- Free onsite evening bar in the Sports Interactive London HQ. 🍹
- A well-stocked breakfast bar with cereals, fruits, teas, and coffees. 🥣
- Regular events in collaboration with our partnered football clubs. 🏟️
- Access to our on-site physical and massage therapist services. 💆
- Multiple clubs and societies to join e.g., book club and art workshops.
- Free access to games released under the SEGA Europe umbrella. 🕹️
- A range of Gym Membership options through our Benefits partners. 🏋️
- Fully Subsidised Healthcare and Dental Plans. 🦷
- Free Travel Insurance for yourself and your family. ✈️
- A personalized football shirt upon passing probation. 👕
What is it like to work here?
We approach everything with passion, whether that is making our mark on the gaming and football industries or doing our bit for the world around us. We want to share that outlook with everyone who shows up to work here each day.
For us, talent wins games, but teamwork wins titles. Collaboration is the key to constantly topping our best. We believe everyone matters, no matter which part of the business you are in, so we encourage and support our people in driving your own growth and realising your full potential. But, more than anything else, we are a team. A team with a down-to-earth dynamic, that has a lot of fun doing what we do.
And whether that’s technical tweaks or fine-tuning our creative process, everything is geared at producing the best game possible for our players. To do that, we need to be tenacious and move quickly, and not be afraid of switching things up. It is these principles that have enabled us to produce a game that has defined year after year, and that will continue to push us for many more to come.
Our flexible working culture gives you the opportunity to optimise your workload, with in-office, hybrid, and remote working options dependent on role. So, if you want a work/life balance, we are behind you. Because while we live to create extraordinary games, we know that is not all you have got going on. You can trust that we always keep things in perspective, fostering an environment where work can be more than just a job.
We’re also a London Living Wage employer, boast one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry and are proud to have won the ‘Best Places to Work’ award by Gamesindustry.biz in their Environmental category in 2022.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from any relevant candidate irrespective of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief.
SI is proudly a Disability Confident Committed employer, and we are dedicated to ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible. Our studio has disabled access and facilities but please ensure you advise us if you require any other reasonable adjustments to be made to support you during the recruitment process.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.