Quality Assurance Engineer
8 days ago
Improbable believes in a future where new, virtual worlds will augment human experience and become as meaningful, lasting and rich as the physical world. We call this the Multiversal Self.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfilment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
Quality is everybody’s responsibility. As a Quality Assurance Engineer in the Reliability Engineering organisation, it’s your mission to enable Improbable’s Software Engineers to own and take pride in the quality of their work. Embedded in a feature development team you will lead them from among them, acting as the team’s testing expert and mentor.
Your relentlessly high standards will enable teams to test, release and operate their products quickly, reliably, repeatedly, safely. You’ll apply the utmost confidence which leads to higher customer satisfaction and more successful products.
We strive for a faster, more effective, more flexible game development.
Areas For Impact
- With your passion for quality, you will act to measure, improve, and maintain product quality and reliability.
- You will help grow a best in class Quality organisation, developing and mentoring the talent that we hire.
- You will educate teams on the software development best practices via consultancy, communities of practice and bottom up grassroots practices.
- You’ll enjoy mentoring developers and more junior testers in building, testing and integration practices.
- You’ll utilise your strong communications skills to influence best practice across multiple teams
- You’ll play a significant role in helping teams develop solutions to create a more robust automated testing environment
- Bringing cloud environment experience, you’ll champion quality and testing best practice at scale
- You’ll work closely with our customers to help foster a culture of customer empathy within teams when developing solutions
- You’ll analyse and define quality metrics for teams and identify trends to suggest potential fixes in order to improve quality and reduce future defects
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- Background in developing new processes in order to improve product quality.
- Experience with creating reports and tracking the health of projects over time.
- Experience working across multiple teams.
- Experience writing automated tests to an exemplary quality.
- Experience building documentation and guidance for your teammates.
- Bias towards automated testing, but recognise and act when manual testing is required.
- You understand that quality means more than just testing.
- Reviewing design proposals, acceptance criteria and processes, and recommend improvements.
- Push quality assurance efforts upstream in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), where discovering and fixing defects is cheaper.
- A passion for fostering a culture of quality in your team.
- Experienced with networked services (i.e. Kubernetes, Google GCP or Amazon AWS).
- Experience with one or more of the following: Go, Typescript, C++
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.