Quality Assurance Engineer
5 days ago
Amazon Game Studios is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join the AGS Live Operations Team.
At Amazon Games, we believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate, and connect through games. Across all our teams and locations, we’re united by the drive to build that future together. It’s a big ambition, but we think we can do it—we’ve got the power of Twitch, AWS, the entire Amazon ecosystem, and most importantly, a diverse team of talented, creative people. We’re looking for the right folks to join us and help us create, publish, and support our ambitious games.
We believe that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. In order to deliver this impact, we are looking for someone who enjoys pioneering into unknown frontiers. Someone who seeks out the most ambitious work, is relentlessly optimistic, is passionate about developing others in their careers, and has a strong ability and appreciation for the importance of rolling up their sleeves and getting their hands dirty.
· 4+ years of experience in overall software QA/test experience
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
· Knowledge of: QA methodology and tools; software testing standards, methods and conventions; and the product development cycle
· Demonstrated experience developing and executing high-quality test plans
· Experience in scripting, user-level test automation and performing white-box testing
· Experience shipping one or more AAA game products (guiding them through a full QA process)
· Demonstrated ability to improve test coverage and effectiveness
· Experience testing across a variety of platforms (PC, mobile, console, etc.).
· Experience with collaborating with vendor test teams for manual test execution
· Experience testing game mechanics such as skill optimization or other player investment systems
· Experience with e-commerce testing
· Proven success in communicating cross-functionally and across management levels
· Familiarity with release management and/or community engagement job roles
· ISTQB (or equivalent qualification) a plus
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.