This job might no longer be available.
Dundee Dundee City
5 months ago
Orthrus Studios is currently delivering an exciting title for an established Publisher on multiple platforms.
We are in the business of creating great content and making a difference to our exciting I.P., Distant Kingdoms, due for release in 2020 We are looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Tester to join the team for a 3 month contract that could be converted into a full-time permenant position.
We need a highly motivated individual that excels in analysing the detail and reporting in an accurate and concise way all the problems within the project. As part of a close team in a vibrant and friendly environment where everyone can grow, learn and deliver high quality games.
The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, and possess an analytical nature and broad understanding of the games/software development process.
Head over to the Orthrus website and check out the Job and Person specification, and drop us a line for an application pack.
The Orthrus Studios Team
- Experience with Jira (or similar bug tracking software)
- Experience testing games or software
- Worked on at least one one shipped product
- Has experience working with City Builders or similar titles.
- Experience testing PC Games
- Experience with Unity
Skills and Abilities
- Is focused on delivery and is flexible and adaptable.
- Understands confidentiality.
- Can escalate and prioritise with a sense of urgency and work to tight deadlines.
- Has a natural desire and ability to learn new software quickly.
- Able to take a plan, break it into action points and allocate the work for best efficiency.
- Has effective time management skills to make best use of time and resources.
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills.
Duties and Tasks
- Bug test various versions of the project.
- Create documentation and test plans – JIRA and other software packages.
- Work directly with developers as needed to show issues or test specific project areas. – client and internal team requests.
- Work with the design team to assist with gameplay development.
- Reporting to the Producer.
- Job Type: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Contract Length: 3 Months
- Salary: Equivalent to £21,000 per annum.
- Required education: High School.
- Required experience: QA Tester on 2 shipped products or more.
Orthrus Studios is a small development studio situated in the heart of Dundee, filled with talented developers from all walks of life.
We pride ourselves on encouraging a healthy work life balance, provide comprehensive health and dental insurance as well as a range of other benefits. Weekly lunch delivery credit and discounts at the fantastic local coffee shop, round out a comfortable and professional atmosphere in the studio.
QA Tester Application Pack