2 days ago
We are looking for a QA Tester to work in our downtown Toronto game development studio. Our team has years of experience and a track record of success including multiple top-10 freemium iOS games like Kim Kardashian: Hollywood, Covet Fashion, Design Home, and Diner Dash Adventures.
You will work on a cross-functional team working with other QAs, Game-Designers, Developers, and Artists to ensure our mobile game software is of the highest quality in functionality, usability, and fun. You will engage and improve our QA process and methodology, as well help with test case creation, execution, and bug logging and resolution. As a QA embedded into the scrum team you will be essential in our sprinting process responsible for identifying test requirements, strategy, and approval on all game feature and content releases.
- Test iOS and Android mobile game software for functionality, usability, and performance
- Defect logging, tracking, and resolution within JIRA throughout the agile development process
- Write and update both accurate and valid test cases for creating test plans
- Execute test plans while documenting test results and all relevant test artifacts
- Manage the bug database and backlogs to ensure bug accuracy, priority, status, and severity
- Work with Development, Production, and Design teams to help solve technical problems, perform quality assessments, and identify risk
- Analyse and evaluate a range of product quality metrics and information to produce meaningful analysis on risk, and quality. Work with the team to analyze, plan, and report on project schedules and timelines
- Help monitor customer feedback channels to identify production issues
- Contribute improvements to the QA departments quality process and test methodology
- Support the tracking and enforcement of quality metrics, KPI, goals and criteria
- Server-side performance and load testing, server specific testing and bug verification
- Help write scripts and tools for automated UI testing, unit testing, data validation
- Client-side performance testing against benchmarked metrics (FPS, CPU, GPU, load times)
If all of this sounds exciting to you, we've found that those with these passions and qualities were best set up for success:
- Attention to detail to find all those pesky bugs!
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
- Able to troubleshoot, isolate and debug issues for root cause analysis
- Creative problem solving
- Scripting or programming, to delve deeper into automated testing/scripting opportunities
- A passion for mobile gaming; gaming as a hobby, as a form of art and a design challenge!
And your skills and experience include:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 2+ years experience with QA process and methodology, test execution, and bug tracking and resolution
- Experience working in a cross-functional Agile scrum team
- Experience with software and computing principles
- Strong understanding with game or product design
- Experience with bug tracking systems such as JIRA
- Knowledge of iOS and Android platforms