Do you have a talent for creatively breaking games? We're looking for someone who loves to poke at games to see how they tick.
Come work on totally rad games with the Beamdog dream team! We're the devs behind MythForce— the 80s cartoon rogue-lite fit for Saturday mornings— and our catalogue of classics includes beloved Dungeons & Dragons RPGs, like Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition .
Reporting to the QA lead, this position is responsible for executing test plans on Beamdog products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Filing and reviewing bug reports
- Complete tests as assigned
- Reporting on QA test progress
- Coordinating with other departments to execute testing plans
Education and Core Skill Requirements:
- 1+ years of experiencing testing games in a professional capacity OR education in the game development, design or art
- Proven experience working in a multitasking environment
- Experience working in a collaborative environment.
Beamdog is a fantastic place to work with a friendly and creative atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, we're a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games we work on. Since 2009, we’ve brought enhanced versions of classic Dungeons & Dragons games and exciting original content to fans new and old. We’re best known for bringing beloved isometric roleplaying games like Baldur’s Gate™ and Planescape: Torment™ back to life on desktop and tablets as Enhanced Editions. We love rich stories where players can chose their own journey and the communities that spring up around them. If you’re excited about storytelling games, Dungeons & Dragons, and classic RPGs, stick around! You haven’t seen anything yet.
We offer the following perks:
- Opportunity to work on and develop a new and exciting IP
- Work from anywhere within Canada or come join us in Edmonton!
- 4 weeks of vacation annually
- Generous sick and personal days
- Flexible working hours
- NO CRUNCH policy
- RRSP Matching Program
- Vision, dental, and extended health benefits
- Health & wellness spending account
- Employee assistance program (support for mental health, family & relationship, work & career, legal, financial, and more)
- Home office stipend
Diversity is fundamentally about valuing human differences and recognizing that a diverse group of people bring with them a diverse set of skills which is necessary to propel our company forward. Beamdog is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.