16 days ago
WHO WE ARE:
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, 31st Union, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, 2K PGA, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Quarry, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We encourage ALL applicants to explore our global positions, even if they don’t meet every requirement for the role. If you're interested in the job and think you have what it takes to work at 2K, we encourage you to apply!
A QA Tester will test video game titles on various consoles, PC’s and handheld devices to check the software for errors and enter them into the test database with the team support. This role will report to the Lead QA Tester and/or the QA Manager.
- Learn how to execute test cases/scripts, find and enter detailed but concise bugs with the aid of supervision, and regress fixed bugs in the database, to a consistently high standard.
- Find defects in the software using established methods.
- Execute all assigned test cases under supervision.
- Learn how to enter detailed, but concise bugs into the bug database.
- Regress fixed bugs on each release with support.
- Learn about all our games and their tools and processes as assigned.
- Learn and understand the 2K Values.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledgeable with gaming devices, consoles and PCs.
- Computer literacy (Office suite, Google suite, Outlook and Database Software).
- Understanding of the department’s core values and adherence to Company policies.
- Advanced written and verbal communication in English.
- A positive attitude with the ability to work in a team environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Desirable previous software testing experience.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms (C1 or higher).
- A genuine passion for playing video games is desirable.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.