- Tests pre-release versions of game titles and game tools for ease of use, reliability, consistency, and product defects.
- Learn the testing processes and participate in game evaluations, a process that measures the functionality of the game and the specific design recommendations to address problems and increase playability.
- Frequently uses independent judgment within established procedures.
- Participates in game testing activities and assists in preparing bug reports.
- Writes and delivers bug reports to lead, Production, and related disciplines on time.
- Will be required to communicate with individuals of all disciplines of game development via email, IM, and direct oral communication.
- Learn current game engine and bug writing tools to provide data, feedback, and support for the team.
- Works with development team to track down issues using a variety of game authoring tools, including creation and deployment of game builds.
- Understanding of software quality assurance practices and their importance to developing content.
- Development knowledge of PC, Xbox One or PS4.
- Self-driven, adaptable problem-solver and a great team player.
- Strong passion for video game development.
- Maintains a positive team atmosphere with peers and management.
- 1+ year QA Tester experience in games.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Communicates effectively with the lead and development team.
- Continuous and adaptable learner.
- Experience working directly in game engines and understanding game vernacular.
- Familiarity with practical use of the Scientific Method.
- Experience working on TRC/TCR testing.
High Moon Studios
Founded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio developing for the Call of Duty® franchise, with past development on over 15 titles including Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare , Bungie’s Destiny 2: Forsaken, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron . We employ more than 170 people in Carlsbad, CA, a seaside city in San Diego County.
Our pride is our people and the experiences we have successfully created for our fans. High Moon's talent is comprised of gifted entertainment and technology professionals responsible for some of the most successful games ever made. We have award-winning developers, published artists and specialists recognized as among the best in their fields. Our studio has a history of using innovative techniques designed to boost productivity and product quality, which in turn enhances our studio's quality of life.
High Moon Studios is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.highmoonstudios.com .
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
High Moon Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.