Firesprite is a visionary game development studio based in the heart of Liverpool.
Proud to be an integral part of the PlayStation Studios family, we create showcase games that take players on thrilling journeys, with memorable characters, captivating narratives, and shared moments of excitement. Our commitment to the core values of Inclusivity, Bravery, Responsiveness, Entrepreneurial and Professionalism is a key driving force behind our work culture.
We are looking for a QA Test Lead to join us and work on ambitious, exciting projects!
As a QA Test Lead you will work with the QA Manager alongside our Production, Studio QA and internal PlayStation Studios QA teams to define the test plan and process needs.
You will take responsibility for the day-to-day management of the QA team, overseeing all aspects of test planning, daily testing, tracking and stakeholder reporting.
This hybrid role plays a key part in ensuring the highest product quality & end-user experience and driving process improvements, alongside assisting the QA manager in team growth & recruitment efforts where required.
- Responsible for all facets of test planning for assigned projects throughout the development lifecycle, in addition to supporting test planning for non-assigned projects where needed
- Drive the implementation of the Test Strategy and QA Vision in collaboration with the QA Manager
- Contribute to building a Culture of Quality across the Studio
- Lead the QA team on assigned project(s), taking responsibility for operational work and reporting on test progress
- Plan and implement processes, test plans, workflows and milestone QA schedules for the project(s)
- Work closely with Production and the project Leads to understand upcoming test requirements and feedback on the project
- Responsible for QA risk management
- Drive quality related process improvements
- Implement and promote QA best practice and standards
- Proactively support and liaise with internal and external partners/services to coordinate testing/test plans/studio visits
- Perform line management responsibilities for QA team
- Lead 1-2-1 process, conduct appraisals and drive growth within the QA team
- Assist the QA Manager to establish and maintain quality and risk reporting communication channels within Firesprite
- Liaise with Production on QA resource management and budget for the project
- Communicate overall project health, keeping quality and risk visible across stakeholders
- Develop and champion a positive, professional and energetic team culture with a focus on quality
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, with a commitment to a culture of inclusion and mutual respect for all employees from every walk of life, reflecting the community we make games for. We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.