QA Technician (6 month Fixed Term Contract, Onsite)
12 days ago
Climax Studios was established nearly 30 years ago, we have an extensive history in developing all kinds of digital experiences across all formats, and we have won multiple awards along the way. We have a state of the art studio located in the heart of the beautiful Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth overlooking the Harbour. You take your creativity seriously and games should be what get you fired up and passionate. At Climax we embrace those who see things in a different way and aren’t afraid to try-out new things and push themselves out of their comfort zones.
We are looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Technician to join the studios’ QA team. You will be working in the studio as part of an Embedded QA Team, working directly with development teams testing games, in order to locate and report issues across different hardware platforms. Testing product components and features, providing clear, concise feedback to the QA Lead, producers and development team is a key element of this role.
- You will be testing games, in order to locate and report issues across different hardware platforms providing clear, concise feedback to your QA Lead, producers and the development team.
- Ensure that the bug database is maintained and updated, documenting test results accurately.
- Help to create and maintain well defined test plans to meet functional and technical specifications.
- Follow test plans and test for functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other systems, including rigorous testing during submission processes.
- Collaborate productively with development teams to identify, report and recreate bugs.
- Liaise and coordinate with external publisher QA.
- Experience of Quality Assurance on PC and Console games during development.
- Professional experience using bug tracking software and software development tools.
- Previous experience working with titles developed in UE4/ 5.
- Experience with applications such as Atlassian’s JIRA and Confluence.
- Detail orientated, with strong observational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and openly.
- Actively help and assist colleagues and maintain a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Avid player games in general.
- Adaptability and willingness to improve processes and own development.
- Technical experience and knowledge of current-gen TRC/XR's would be an advantage.
- Excellent holiday package
- Regular social events
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Fresh fruit and snacks
- A friendly, focused, ambitious and relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development, with career progression
- Discount card for all the shopping centre stores
- Great seafront location, a short walk from the rail station, bars, restaurants, coffee shops
- Group Private Medical Insurance provided by BUPA
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Private Dental Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Company Pension Scheme
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Eye-Care Vouchers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Bring your doggo to work! We're a dog friendly studio, bring your pooch in to meet us.
- Bean to cup coffee machine in the studio.
- Fresh fruit and healthy snacks provided daily, breakfast and some not so healthy snacks.
- In-house clubs and socials. From board games, tennis, football to D&D nights, there are lots of opportunities to socialise.
- Regular Socials including Project Wrap Parties, team and studio events, Christmas and annual Summer parties and soem great charity fundraising events.