QA Project Lead
1 month ago
Quality Assurance Project Leads are the managers of a team that is responsible for measuring the quality of video games in development. They are entrusted to evaluate any software systems being designed and integrated and to lead the team that handles the quality assurance testing efforts.
- Create an efficient testing plan for production milestones to ensure high-quality deliveries
- Create the infrastructure and processes to mobilize the testing team following a test roadmap
- Execute performance evaluations and develop a team of qa testers and qa analysts
- Measure and maintain the motivation of the qa team
- Create communication channels with members of the production team for test progress, reported defects, and overall game stability
- Perform risk assessment on reported defects, upcoming features to be implemented, and the deployment of the game on the app stores
- Participate in the overall improvements of the Quality Assurance community
- Participate in Production planning and strategy meetings and propose suggestions on attainable timelines
- Establish defect prevention measures and processes on a project.
What we're looking for:
- 6-8 years experience in software quality assurance, preferably video games
- Experience in Apple iOS and Google Play Android guidelines and certification
- Excellent communication skills; ability to network efficiently with internal and external peers
- Positive attitude and ability to provide and receive constructive criticism
- Ability to coach and evaluate others, and to create development programs and workshops
- Working knowledge of software development process and QA’s role in it,
- Good knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle, applied to video game development
- Experienced with risk assessment and prioritization within the context of video games testing
- Working knowledge of project management methodologies.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with data analysis in a quality control environment
- Diploma in software testing or other quality assurance certification
- College or University diploma in Computer Science or related field
- Diploma or certificate in Project Management
- Working knowledge of the Unity game editor, or similar engine program,
- Experience with version control software.
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you ?
Because we take great care of our Ludians !
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- Fridays’ 5@7 in our Lounge with our beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/7;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? Then we can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.
Ludia Inc. is one of Canada's leading mobile video game companies. Founded in Montreal 13 years ago, the company welcomes more than 380 bright and enthusiastic crew members. "Creating games that touch people" is our daily mantra. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day. As for the development of our games, we are proud to work hand in hand with awesome partners who trust us and support our creativity. Our high-quality portfolio includes original games based on internationally recognized brands such as Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, Lovelink, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, and much more.
To work at Ludia means to be part of a studio that knows how to preserve its human side, promote development and recognize the value of each of its employees. It also means to work for a studio awarded as "Canada’s best game maker" by Apple, and "Best Place to Work 2018" by gamesindustry.biz !