QA Programmer (DNA)
8 days ago
The DNA team develops and manages a variety of data services and tools for storing and analyzing game telemetry. Known as a company-wide reference and trusted source, our products provide:
- real-time visibility on how Ubisoft titles are played; and
- an understanding of the habits and preferences of the people playing them.
Committed to knowledge sharing, we collect, process, and curate in-game data. Then transform it into clear and informative visualizations. The result? Meaningful metrics for production teams to make informed decisions and create even better gaming experiences.
As a QA programmer on the DNA team, you’ll create automated tests and validation tools to ensure that QA is an integral part of the game development cycle.
Your priority is to work efficiently and perform comprehensive testing to achieve quality results. You’ll develop automated solutions to help production teams, in all departments, proactively approach quality assurance and improve upon our processes. You’ll ensure consistency in feature validation so that bugs and issues are fixed now, avoided in the future, and never affect our players.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with team leads to understand their tasks, analyze their workflows, and identify what can be improved.
- Identify and evaluate production bottlenecks and develop applications to address them.
- Develop applications to support quality assurance tasks (build system, interaction with configuration management tools, interaction with the bug database, etc.).
- Create automated testing and validation tools to increase the dependability of game releases + develop applications for the automated testing, in terms of both external tools and the game code itself.
- Support and resolve issues related to the developed tests and tools.
- Generate statistics by collecting reliability measures.
- Create and update refence documentation for the interdependent teams.
- Train production team members by teaching them to use your automated products and keeping them updated on new processes.
- Interact with the programming team to encourage the maintenance of good code quality, best practices, and standards + help them fix bugs.
- Collaborate with the QA team to encourage the sharing of tools and code, making the available tools known, and encouraging synergy.
- Find solutions to continuously optimize the QA process + stay up to date on best practices in testing and technological advances in the industry to develop your skills and knowledge.
What you bring
- Experience in quality assurance or software engineering (or other relevant experience)
- A solid understanding of QA methodologies, processes, and tools
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or related training)
- A collaborative, empathetic, creative and innovative spirit
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational, problem solving, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Motivation to reach out for feedback from colleagues and adapt to it
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.