9 days ago
The Molasses Flood is looking for a talented and motivated person to join our team as a QA Lead. This person in this role will manage a team of QA Testers, and will work closely with developers in all departments, communicating the QA team’s findings from various testing procedures. They will track testing progress, bug reporting and build a pipeline to expedite all QA processes. The ideal candidate is a highly-organized, detail-oriented and leadership oriented individual who is passionate about games, is comfortable working with a variety of departments, and has a strong history of QA in the game industry.
This role reports to the Lead Producer. This is a full-time salaried position with a hybrid work model based out of our office in the greater Boston area. Tues/Thur would be in office, and Mon/Wed/Fri work from home. Relocation assistance is available.
- Be the main contact for the hiring and onboarding process for the QA team, review resumes, interviewing and training new hires.
- Manage production of QA team deliverables: status reports, test plans, bug reports and cert reports.
- Management of QA team members: mentoring, scheduling and tracking tasks, performance evaluations, one on ones, disciplinary actions, and knowing when to report an issue up the line.
- Research and propose tools and techniques for more efficient and optimized testing procedures.
- Communicate effectively both up and down the production and development hierarchy.
- Experience generating testing builds.
- Experience with client-server testing.
- Experience with setting up console testing environments.
- Manual and automated testing and verifying of new game features and game stability.
- Minimum 4 years game industry QA experience, with at least 1 full year as QA Lead or QA Manager
- Experience managing team workflows utilizing JIRA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong autonomous attitude and ability to multitask and prioritize
- Knowledge of various testing methodologies
- Candidates must have a US work permit or citizenship
- Curiosity, kindness, and a positive and professional can-do attitude
Nice to Haves
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Experience writing scripts to assist feature and/or game testing
- 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision plans available - for employees and dependents
- 401K with matching
- Company paid long & short term disability plans, and life insurance
- Profit sharing plan
- Unlimited PTO and flexible schedule
- Environmental company paid offset of employees’ carbon footprint via Wren.co
- Some positions available for Remote work
- Positions worked in office are hybrid: M/W/F work from home & T/Th work in office, with lunch provided on the in office days
- Dog friendly office
- Many opportunities for advancement as our team grows and takes on new challenges
The expected salary range for this position is $80,000 to $130,000 USD, negotiable. Salary offered will be based upon a number of factors, including but not limited to: skill set, years and quality of experience, and suitability for the role.
The Molasses Flood is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embracing and celebrating diverse thoughts and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at The Molasses Flood is based on ability – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
The Molasses Flood is the newest member of the CD PROJEKT group, and is located in Boston, MA. We were founded by industry veterans in 2014, and since then have created The Flame in the Flood and Drake Hollow. We’re currently working on an ambitious and exciting new project and are growing our team across all departments. We value every voice on the team, open communication and transparency, and run a studio based on mutual respect and kindness between all members and levels of the team. If this sounds like the type of team you’d like to be a part of, we encourage you to apply. If you require any specific accommodations as part of our application process, please let us know so we can try to provide for your needs.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.