This job might no longer be available.
QA Games Tester (Contractor)
London England gb
8 months ago
Our studio is looking for a passionate and talented Quality Assurance (QA) tester to work with the development team in producing applications which are extremely fun to play and of a very high quality.
You will be responsible for assisting the QA Lead & QA Manager in testing the product before release to market and subsequent updates so that the application is close to a defect free state as possible.
Length of contract is yet to be determined.
- At least 6 months experience as a Quality Assurance position within the video/mobile games industry.
- Experienced of working on multi-platforms e.g. Android, iOS, Amazon, Windows Phone
- Extensive knowledge of bug databases and the workflow of a bug
- Written QA reports in a professional manor for QA Leads or senior management e.g. after test plan completion
- Used Excel & Google docs to write up test criteria to form test plans
- Awareness of the development cycle and key milestones
- Experienced of using SCRUM/Agile (not essential)
- Passionate for the industry and finding every single bug!
- Strongly motivated to work within a small structured team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive understanding of how defects are reported for the dev team to fix
- Organised, disciplined and methodical approach to testing
- Computer literate in word processing, record keeping, database handling
- Excellent English & communications skill
- Strong team spirit, pro-active with tasks
- Basic knowledge of Unity (not essential)
- Work effectively in completing assigned QA tasks; test plan completion, provide feedback on features, investigative tasks, live-ops checks, ad hoc testing on new features in trying to break them!
- Ensure that all bugs are recorded in an efficient, complete and informative manner, either on the Scrum board or bug database
- Respond to development team’s request in line with the project e.g. providing more information for bugs, balancing, build installation, validating bugs
- Look after and keep track of company devices, data cables, equipment etc...
- Respond to support tickets internally in reproducing them and updating them with information for the dev team to fix.
- Flexible office working hours
- 25 days of annual leave + 8 UK Bank holiday + Christmas company day(s) off
- 1 day off if you get married (Wedding Day)
- Sick pay
- Fresh fruit selection delivered 3 times a week, Free monthly breakfasts, Team Lunches
- Beer fridge & Selected wines + other beverages
- Weekly Football, Pool table, ping pong tournaments, poker nights, Office events, social gatherings, Fun Games room
- Birthday Cakes/Cards
- Summer & Christmas parties, Roof terrace area
- Training Budgets
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare, Reduced gym membership, life insurance, critical illness & Disability cover
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan (for tube/rail costs), Annual mobile phone/tablet allowance
- Recruitment Referral Fee awards
Future Games of London is a Ubisoft studio that designs, develops and operates free-to-play mobile and digital console games. Founded in September 2009, FGOL create original and unique games such as the Hungry Shark series which has been enjoyed by over half a billion people worldwide.
We are a dedicated team with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy being part of a forward thinking studio in an exciting and ever-evolving industry.
FGOL is looking for a resourceful and energetic QA Tester to join the studio’s growing team.