QA Game Tester - Video Games (Soccer, Football, Hockey)
8 days ago
All Keywords staff are temporarily working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Are you passionate about the video game industry? Do you have education or experience in QA ?
We are hiring for a variety of roles on our Development Support and Capture teams.
Development support staff are responsible for communicating with development partners and creating test plans to locate issues and ensure that the product meets the expectations of the product owner. Typically, day-to-day tasks can include game testing, bug database maintenance, reporting and attending meetings/scrums.
As a Capture Specialist, you will be responsible for capturing and saving gameplay moments for the video production team. These visuals are used as marketing and promotional content for social media and/or competitive gaming events. As a member of the capture team, you will become a specialist for your area and be able to capture gameplay based on your knowledge of various sports teams, and rules and regulations. The Capture Specialist will understand that sometimes capturing the perfect play may take time and repetition.
Whether you're new to QA or you have a few years of experience - Keywords Studios has projects where your skills and passions might be just what we need!
- Passion for Sports-focused video games
- Previous QA testing experience (or equivalent transferable skills or education) is an asset
- Education, knowledge, or experience in software, gameplay, cinematography or QA an asset
- Interest and knowledge of Soccer, American Football, MMA or Hockey and related video games
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, able to meet responsibilities without constant supervision
- Capable of understanding complex features/systems and how it applies to the product
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong observational skills
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and features
- Proficient in PC use and current generation video game consoles · Flexible and team-oriented
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of an area (e.g. testing, automation, analytics, audio, animation, game/sports specific knowledge, etc.)
- Experience documenting QA methods
- Knowledge of test planning, writing test scripts, test cases, and test briefs
- Project progress tracking and reporting
- Previous experience with bug tracking software (Jira, Devtrack, Etc.)
Contract Starts- April Starting Ending- August 26, 2023
Why work with us?
Your work will be showcased in AAA games that are household names worldwide. On top of the exciting work and awesome teams you will collaborate with, we also have great benefits, opportunities to grow and learn through in-house webinars and courses, and first-class onsite amenities. For example, some of our on-site perks include:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Community garden
- Easy transit access
- Free on-site parking for staff and visitors
- Indoor and outdoor basketball courts & gym facilities
- Soccer field