This job might no longer be available.
23 days ago
Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, publishing, and fintech, we scale awesome content in frontier markets by solving hard problems. Across our publishing and Pay1st business lines, we are partnered with top global game companies like Riot Games, Activision, and Stillfront. We are backed by top investors like: a16z, Bitkraft, Google, Konvoy, Riot Games, Sony and Nas
As a QA Engineer you will be responsible for assessing the software for bugs, suggesting changes and ensuring it meets quality standards. You will also prepare test cases to check the software and document results.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand project requirements and design comprehensive test plans.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, and procedures to ensure the quality of software applications.
- Execute both manual and automated testing across one of more products
- Identify, document, and track software defects through to resolution.
- Generate detailed defect reports and provide feedback to development teams.
- Participate in Agile/Scrum development processes, providing QA input throughout the product life cycle.
What makes you a great candidate?
- At least 3 years in Quality Assurance
- Great communication skills and effective time management
- Technical skills - automated test scripting (Cypress), load testing (Jmeter), API testing (Postman)
- Proficient in testing web applications, mobile apps
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) and testing methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global - with people in 20+ countries!
At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company - enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Andreessen Horowitz shared why they invested in Carry1st
- Bloomberg announced that Nas and Google joined Carry1st’s $20M round
- Remerge hosted Cordel on a podcast to discuss Carry1st and the African gaming market