QA Engineer - Merchant Guild (12 Month Contract)
14 days ago
QA Engineers are analytical champions for quality, focused on testing extensively to ensure a holistic understanding of Riot's projects. They create test plans and evaluate both the functional and subjective caliber of projects for a Riot development team. As every project is different, they listen and improve, to put the players and their team first, and to solve ambiguous and complex problems. Most importantly, it's their passion and love for quality that ensures that QA Engineers help us level up and innovate on our processes, giving players the best experiences while playing our games.
- Promote creation and execution of a team-level quality strategy in partnership with QA Leadership
- Work with Product Owner and team members to understand user stories and inform quality decisions
- Reduce product risks through confirmation and regression testing
- Escalate risks and quality concerns to product leadership
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of automated tests
- Handle communication related to test status with all partners
- Guide external partner teams, overseeing and auditing their work
- Manage the defect database for the team, setting and enforcing best practices
- Create test plans, test cases, and establish the structure and rhythm of testing
- Improve on methods of test execution at the team-level
- 2+ years of software QA experience
- Experience testing services
- Experience with strategic goal setting
- QA experience working on backend systems and services in game development
- Comfortable with deep-dive investigations and testing technical implementations.
- Experience using test tools such as Swagger, SQL, Postman, and SoapUI
- Experience with Perforce and Git
- Experience with test automation tools
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on our players, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you! Don't forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.