QA Automation Engineer
5 days ago
Job Title:QA Automation Engineer
Job Title: QA Automation Engineer
Reporting To: Engineering Lead
Department: Consumer Technology
Location: Santa Monica, CA
As a QA Automation Engineer at Activision, you will work within the Consumer Technology group to design and execute automation scripts and testing procedures for large scale software projects .
Key responsibilities include:
- Create detailed and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Collaboarte with the software engineering team to design automated tests to validate applications.
- Identify and report bugs to the engineering team and validate fixes as they are implemented.
- Engage with software users to identify potential issues.
Year 1 Success:
- Build testing scripts for all new features for the Call of Duty companion app and in-game integration for web content.
- Identify issues through testing scripts and manual testing and work towards a resolution with the appropriate engineering team.
- Aggregate feedback from the community and verify potential bugs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting abilities.
- Solid attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications.
- Experience with automation frameworks and tools, including Selenium.
- In-depth knowledge of QA methodologies.
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or three years of related/equivalent experience.
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Activision has been changing the way people play for the past 40 years—as the leading developer and publisher of video games, our teams have created some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking, and beloved entertainment franchises in the industry. Ask anyone who works at Activision what their favorite thing about it is, and they’ll tell you it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our current portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.