We are looking for a QA Analyst to join us at Zynga Austin in creating Star Wars: Hunters™, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
BossAlien is an award-winning developer of mobile games based in Brighton, UK, and we're excited to expand our team in Austin, TX! We are searching for the next phenomenal QA Analyst to take our Star Wars project to the next level.
This QA Analyst will work with one of Zynga’s first action studios in North America. This Analyst will be core to the development of the studio's first Star Wars title, a multiplatform action game. The polices and standards you make will be definitive to the player's experience.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the process of making games and is fluent in the shooter genre. You are disciplined and experienced, able to answer questions from a variety of sources and speak with authority not just on game systems but player expectations. You thrive on working with creative, hardworking people towards a shared goal. You work best as part of a team, supporting and supported by your teammates.Main Responsibilities:
The Quality Analyst works with the QA Lead and development staff and is responsible for the project’s quality across all platforms. They plan and execute tests that build confidence and reduce risk. They provide support to development teams while ensuring timely delivery of features at quality. They communicate issues with efficiency and transparency.
You will develop new test standards, platform requirements, and QA processes. You will coordinate with test teams on passes for critical quality benchmarks. You will build and update documentation as appropriate, and you will be the point of contact for multiple feature areas of the game.
You will distribute builds to testers, respond to developer requests and needs, and schedule test passes. As features change and needs alter throughout the development process, you will communicate those changes to the QA Lead and ensure proper test coverage is maintained.Desired Skills and Experience
What we offer you:
- Experience testing cross-platform games
- QA tools such as Test Rail, JIRA and Confluence
- Test planning and execution with various test approaches and techniques, ensuring the right level of test coverage for each product balancing risk, cost and schedule
- Experience with development process and how QA integrates with them
- Establishing, assessing and continually improving QA processes
- Managing relationships with external testers and test teams
- Agile practices and processes
- Knowledge of industry standard game editors
- Knowledge of console test practices & requirements
- Experience working in a live game environment in pre- and post-launch situations
- Experience with source control software in QA contexts
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds.Join us!We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.