This job might no longer be available.
10 months ago
Epic Games is searching for an experienced Sr. QA Analyst to collaborate with a variety of Epic development and quality teams. In this role, you will be hands-on in the processes involved with our testing efforts by: creating and executing test plans to verify the quality of implemented engineering features; coordinating with engineers to determine the aspects of a feature that need to be tested; and communicating the results to key stakeholders. Additionally, you will partner with other Analysts to help identify and solve technical challenges.
- Develop major testing initiatives using a combination of processes, people, and effective testing methodologies
- Create test strategies and test cases for new features or hardware as they come online
- Maintain and improve existing test cases
- Mitigate risk of release by communicating issues and concerns with leads
- Proactively point out areas of improvement or concern
- Collaborate with Development, Production, and other QA team members to ensure that testing is efficiently and effectively covering all possible testing scenarios
- Set a good example of testing standards
- Identify issues, perform root cause analysis to track issues, and work with Development for resolutions
- 3 to 5+ years of Quality Assurance experience in software and/or games development
- Experience testing various video formats and delivery mechanisms is a plus
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and a passion for cutting-edge game development
- Solid understanding of QA methodologies, tools, and best practices
- Ability to write effective and efficient test cases based on complex systems and features
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to express complex ideas, designs, and issues to both technical and non-technical staff
- Experience reviewing requirements and creating test plans
- A deep understanding of defect reporting, version control, and configuration management best practices, along with different testing phase best practices and objectives (functional, system integration, UAT, performance)
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 is a plus
- Experience with automated testing is a plus
- Ability to interact with a variety of developers and testers in a tight-knit team
If you’d like to be part of building really cool features and tools we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio.
This is going to be Epic!