Python Developer (World of Warships, High-End Meta)
1 month ago
Here at Wargaming Belgrade we are looking for Backend/Fullstack Developer to strengthen the World of Warships High-End Meta team.
Our team drives several essential areas: developing Clan Gameplay as an important component of player engagement, managing Game Commerce which includes both the in-game store and various monetization tools, and Web Tech - focused on creating technical solutions and core services to enhance the efficiency and stability of our project's features.
As a member of the World of Warships team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a talented and passionate group of professionals and make a meaningful impact on the direction and success of the game.
Working in our Belgrade office, we support with relocation.
What will you do?
- Design, develop and maintain services and various features in scope of the team domains;
- Write unit tests, write documentation, refactor existing code to keep it simple and maintainable;
- Participate in code and technical documentation reviews;
- Work on the inner source projects and RnD activities, contribute to the overall development culture;
- Work closely with game and product designers and QA engineers, communicate with other teams and departments.
What are we looking for?
- Confident knowledge of Python and programming experience from 2 years;
- Confident knowledge of basic data structures and algorithms, the speed of their work;
- Confident knowledge of OOP principles;
- Ability to quickly understand unfamiliar code;
- The ability to perform tasks quickly and efficiently, the desire and ability to work for results;
- Understanding the principles of networking;
- Experience in developing high-load systems;
- Experience in developing the architecture of interaction of various systems;
- Experience working with databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL.).
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience in web development;
- Experience with other languages (C++, js/ts);
- Understanding microservice architecture and services communication methods.
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Our benefits in Belgrade include:
- Additional Vacation days on top of the statutory minimum dependent on years of service with Wargaming Group)
- Up to 8 “Trust days” per calendar year that require no medical certificate
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- Premium Private Health Care
- Commuting allowance
- Gym trainings / Wellness program
- Personal Gaming Account
- Coffee, fruits, and snacks in the office
- Company events
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program - you can recommend the best talents to the Company and receive a reward
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 16 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.