Purchasing Manager, IT
Cary, NC United States of America
15 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Discipline at Epic
What we do
Our Finance and Accounting teams build the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, international subsidiaries, as well as with external partners to ensure a world-class finance organization. Our team contains experts from fields like tax, treasury, purchasing, FP&A, and more.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an IT Purchasing Manager to join our team.
In this role, you will
- Negotiate with vendors for best pricing/term options for Epic Games
- Help develop, lead, and execute purchasing strategies
- Track and report key metrics to internal customers
- Assist internal partners to ensure clear requirements documentation
- Implement improvements to existing purchasing processes and systems
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Evaluate and initiate cost savings initiatives
What we’re looking for
- A BS degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration
- 5-7 years proven work experience as a Purchasing Manager with a focus in IT related purchases
- Familiarity with sourcing or vendor management
- Ability to gather and analyze data and work with figures
- Solid judgement and decision making skills
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- A knack for negotiating and networking
- Strong leadership capabilities
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!