This job might no longer be available.
Purchase Ledger Assistant
9 days ago
We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo , winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio ; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
Reporting into the Purchase Ledger Supervisor, you will be tasked with ensuring the accuracy and integrity of Sumo’s expenditure processes, including purchase ledger, credit cards and business travel and expenses. The successful candidate will provide financial, administrative, and clerical support within the Accounts Payable team.
In your new job you will be responsible for all aspects of accounts payable admin, including:
- Responsible for processing all invoices and credit notes for the whole group
- Liaising with internal departments regarding any queries
- Liaising with suppliers regarding any queries
- Complete supplier statement reconciliations
- Facilitating new supplier set ups and due diligence checks
- Complete month end checks to meet invoice processing deadline
- Processing staff expenses / interview expenses / relocation expenses
- Maintain historical records (i.e. updating and/or filing documents)
- Act as cover to Purchase Ledger Supervisor to complete payment reports, bank runs and payment allocations when required
- Ad hoc duties as required assisting the Purchase Ledger Supervisor
- Cover and support where necessary across the finance function
To be successful you will have:
- Previous experience in Purchase Ledger essential
- Experience working in a fast-paced working environment with changing priorities
- The ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload
- Strong MS Office skills
- Experience using accountancy/software systems
- Ability to meet deadlines
We are looking for somebody with:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate with others effectively and confidently
- Strong record keeping skills
- The ability to handle confidential information
What We Offer:
We offer a super benefits package including generous holidays and flexible working hours. Further perks include our legendary annual Sumo Big Day Out, plus epic Christmas parties, money on your birthday, on site free gym and free fruit for everyone! Our new, regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas for possible development by Sumo.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, the National Video Game Museum, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.