Publishing Producer - Riot Forge
8 days ago
Production at Riot Games helps lead the vision of each product across the finish line and helps deliver experiences beyond the audience's expectations. We're involved in almost every product you can think of, be it an epic new skin, the Mechs vs. Minions board game, or the internal tools needed by engineers or artists to speed up their craft. Whatever the calling, we provide solutions that our audience needs.
As a Producer, you'll maintain the relationships between our internal team and our external development studios to verify we are making the best possible games. By building relationships and inspiring our developers to collaborate, you will guide quality projects from Riot into players hands. You will help concept, deliver, improve, and influence game development with our partner studios at each stage of production. Are you up for the challenge?
As a Publishing Producer within Riot Forge, you will report to the Sr Production Manager, and work with external developers to guarantee our portfolio of games are high-quality and fun for players. You will build relationships with developers and teams at Riot. You will ensure that the team is set up for success at every stage of project development. Working as a member of the team, you will encourage knowledge sharing and standard methodologies to ensure we always work at a high standard and are thoughtful partners to our developers.
- You will operate across multiple titles simultaneously across a plethora of platforms and external teams
- Ensure our products are achieving strategic portfolio and business goals
- You'll guide developers through goals and metric setting and conduct regular product reviews
- Create understanding and set expectations upwards and downwards
- Provide updates and visibility on the project status to the leadership team and fellow producers
- You ensure we are working with the QA lead to verify that each game is tested and hits the quality targets
- Partner with the Publishing Lead to develop the “go to market” plan
- Build and handle the budget for each game, understanding trade-offs between time, cost, and scope
- You feel comfortable speaking to a broad spectrum of topics to multiple teams, you are well versed in game production
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a Game Production role
- Experience working on both sides of game development - You have shipped at least one game on the publishing side and one game as part of a development studio
- Experience with the full lifecycle of game development and full understanding of game production
- Experience with 1st parties, age ratings, legal and shipping games on a variety of platforms including PC, console, and mobile
- Experience working with legal on partner contracts
- Experience with iterative development methodologies like Scrum & Agile, and have used supporting software (i.e.: JIRA, Favro, Hansoft)
- Personable, your demeanor diffuses conflicts and puts people at ease
- You are comfortable collaborating in ambiguous problem spaces
- You understand player resonance, what makes a good game, and what defines quality for players
- Experience working in a variety of gaming genres
- Experience working with audience motivations and segmentation
- Knowledgeable about the gaming industry including newest trends and events
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.