Publishing Manager for PC games (office or remote)
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
14 days ago
Kwalee is a leading independent mobile game developer and publisher based in Leamington Spa – the UK’s biggest gaming hub outside Greater London and a great place to live – along with growing teams in Bangalore and Beijing.
Now the largest hypercasual games publisher in the UK, Kwalee is a company known globally thanks to half a billion downloads for hit mobile games including Draw it, Bake it, Shootout 3D, Rocket Sky and many more. These successes have driven rapid growth in recent years and with exciting new projects in the works for Nintendo Switch and PC alongside the studio's hypercasual specialism, Kwalee shows no signs of slowing down!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of mobile gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As a Publishing Manager you enjoy helping others to achieve their goals and are familiar with the mobile games industry. Working closely with our Head of Publishing and the rest of the Publishing team you will manage our external developers focusing on the PC market.
You can either work REMOTELY or in our Leamington Spa office surrounded by a great bunch of people!
What you tell your friends you do
“I’m like a coacher, I find the most talented developers and help them to fulfil their dream of having a hit game on the market.”
What you will really be doing
- Finding high quality PC game developers/studios
- Analysing the games submitted with our experienced team and giving feedback to the developers to improve them and make them more successful.
- Negotiating the agreements with the game developers/studios
- Establishing and maintaining an excellent and trusting relationship with the external teams.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to find the best games and improve them so they’re a success.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 100 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the original Micro Machines video game.
Skills and requirements
- At least 2 years of experience within a relevant area for the role (publishing, project management, external relations, sales, analysis, etc.) within the gaming industry, ideally with PC games.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Passion for games and knowledge of the PC games industry
- Highly organised, with strong attention to detail
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.