This job might no longer be available.
Publishing Franchise Lead
14 days ago
At Amazon Games, we believe that games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale. We are seeking the industry’s best to help us publish our ambitious game portfolio. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, Amazon Prime, Amazon Advertising, Amazon Retail and AWS to launch and grow live-service games across platforms and devices. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, with key contributors from dozens of titles including League of Legends, StarCraft II, Diablo 3, Magic: The Gathering, Age of Empires, Bioshock, Kingdom Hearts, Thief and The Sims.
We are seeking a talented Franchise Leader for a new gaming initiative. Imagine having the opportunity to drive the vision for bringing a successful game to market at one of the most customer centric companies on the planet. You will be able to work cross functionally with Amazon’s game publishing assets to help define the full player experience from business model to live support to successfully manage a new cross platform game franchise.
As the Franchise Leader, you are a seasoned leader with cross platform, Free to Play and live ops game experience. You’ve launched games before, and you understand the success of games as a service is dependent on the passionate game communities we serve. You are committed to building a strong relationship between people that play games and people that make them. You can do it all yourself so that you can coach the team you’ll be building. You lead by example, and make everyone around you better.
We expect this leader to:
· Own the development and P&L of a new game franchise.
· Build a cross-functional team responsible for end-to-end operations and publishing including feature roadmap and rollout, monetization, localization, server infrastructure, live operations, go-to-market, communications, marketing campaign, social media, player relations and community programs.
· Work with the game development team to build an asset pipeline, a deployment process and commerce infrastructure to set the game up for long term success.
· Establish customer-focused game monetization principles that optimize lifetime value.
· Ensure clear communication and coordination across relevant teams and coordinate effectively with the central marketing and technology teams, as well as Twitch, Amazon Prime, Amazon Advertising, Amazon Retail, finance and legal to meet goals and establish best practices.
· Think big, perpetually focused on long-term strategy, yet is also tactical and makes sure we have operational and execution excellence.
· Possess the analytical horsepower to break down complex problems, and a strong will to get stuff done and deliver results.
· Have expansive knowledge of Games as a Service including product management/game monetization.
About Amazon Games
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· BA degree required
· 5+ years of experience with Cross Platform, Free-to-Play, and Live Ops
· 7+ years of management experience
· Previous experience in launching games as a service
· Ability to thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
· Ability to communicate vision and drive execution and work across a cross-functional team
· Passion for games and gamer community with high degree of customer obsession
· Deep experience with PC or console game community management, esports and marketing
· Demonstrated ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems and, in particular, a history of identifying customer needs and inventing new ways to meet those needs
· Successful history of working collaboratively in a creative environment with game design teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.