San Francisco, CA, United States
1 day ago
Unity Technologies, creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, is seeking a Publicist on the Communications, Tech & Platform team to provide support for results-driven public relations programs crucial to the company’s communications goals.
As the Publicist on the Communications, Tech & Platform team, you will be responsible for driving awareness of our new technology with the end goal to inspire current customers, and acquire new customers. You will work alongside our marketing teams to create PR plans designed to publicize high-quality gaming and non-gaming content (Automotive, AEC, Media & Entertainment). You believe in the product, are genuinely interested to learn more about the technology, and will work everyday to champion Unity to press and influencers.
You will also help spearhead PR execution for Unity conferences (~2 per year), which are dedicated to highlighting product advancement and gaming and non-gaming experiences. A strong knowledge of technology, platforms and gaming is required. Travel may be required to these events.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, is a critical thinker, is interested in rolling up their sleeves to learn the tech, is an inclusive leader with strong presence, has the ability to motivate cross functional partners, and can influence senior leaders. You will report to the Senior Manager of Communications, Tech & Platform and partner closely with Product Management, Executive, Social and Marketing teams to deliver high impact communications plans that can be executed by regional teams at the local level.
- Work with internal marketing teams to help solidify new product messages and work with PR agency to help achieve AAA results in top tier news outlets, including local and national newspapers, magazines, television stations and online publications
- Learn and understand key Unity innovations (including: The Data-Oriented Tech Stack, Scriptable Renderer Pipelines, Machine Learning, Connected Games) and explain them to media in digestible terms
- Liaise with Events Team on Unity events to ensure corporate messaging is consistent across all narratives
- Direct PR efforts across multiple company initiatives, and effectively manage plans to ensure manager needs, deadlines and directives are being met
- Write, edit and proofread materials, ensuring quality, consistency and company narratives are woven throughout each piece
- Interface with product marketing teams on upcoming campaigns to deliver communications plans that can influence larger go-to-market plans
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations or a related field (e.g. journalism or communications)
- Technical background with an understanding of real-time engines, games industry, and technology platforms
- Great writing skills, strong grasp of AP style, and an analytical mindset
- Experience in small company with fast-paced culture, experience managing an external PR agency
- Self-motivated, self-starter, and love to roll up the sleeves once strategies are set to produce results
- Machine Learning background
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.