8 days ago
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager who understands Game Production and is ready to join a passionate development team to help deliver a fantastic product.
Reporting within the Production Team and working closely with the leads on the project, you will be expected to lead, manage, and inspire members of the development team. As a Project Manager, you will oversee and ensure the delivery of a quality project within budget by following best processes, methods, and tools.
You’ll be joining the team at a crucial time for the studio as we grow and develop our team, which will offer a great career opportunity for the right candidate.
- Ensure smooth, appropriate, and efficient communication within the studio and the production team.
- Carry out the follow ups of the team and provide the production director with information on the progress of the work on a regular basis, through clear and documented reports.
- Suggest a plan of attack for any delays that could affect the content, schedule, and quality.
- Manage teams, working with art, content, design, QA, and tech, resolving conflicts and improving workflows.
- Facilitate and Organise Agile ceremonies, acting as a Scrum Master: daily stand-ups, sprint planning, grooming, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Share the vision of the project and engage team members.
- Own the schedules and tracking, production pipelines and content delivery, iterating on process as needed to find the most effective methods.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships between internal and external studios.
- Create and maintain frequent reports and documentations for the team, providing visibility into the progress and risks.
- Ensure milestones are released on schedule and the game quality expectations from leads and directors are met.
- Evaluate, Improve, and foster a good working environment within the team, managing expectations and a strong drive for commitment and motivation on the project.
- At least 5 years in production/ project management experience.
- At least 3 years experience in video game development, art, or software development
- Strong experience of Project Management software (JIRA, MS Projects, etc…).
- Strong experience of Project Management Methodologies and application to teams and projects.
- Broad understanding of game development processes – production, art, content, design, QA and tech.
- Experience in KPI tracking and data analysis.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to give constructive feedback in line with the scope of the project.
- Ability to work in a constantly evolving environment.
- Autonomous and proactive attitude
- A passion for video games and project management within video games
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.