7 days ago
Job Title:Project Manager
Job Title: Project Manager
Reporting To: Director, HR Strategic Projects
Department: Human Resources
Location: Santa Monica, CA (Remote Possible)
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a Project Manager your role will focus on the successful delivery of high-impact, high-profile HR projects at Activision Blizzard, This role will report to the Director of HR Strategic Projects and work cross-functionally within HR Centers of Excellence and across various support functions within the business.
You will build work plans, manage cross-functional dependencies, mitigate risks, and engage with collaborators every day to ensure strategic objectives are met. The right player will ensure that zero turning points and supporting tasks are late, and that critical issues are addressed in a timely manner to deliver projects on time.
- Build and maintain project planning & progress tracking tools to support leaders in planning, progress tracking, and decision making
- Monitor project activities, track achievements, and distribute information including KPIs and people & financial metrics for partners
- Manage project meetings, record actions & decisions, raise roadblocks, risks, and opportunities; identify, gather, and document requirements
- Analyse, evaluate, and overcome project risks; support scenario analysis and test solutions to validate project deliverables meet the requirements
- Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and partner with multiple project teams to ensure project goals are reached; find opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies
- Provide coaching/guidance to team members; collaborate and communicate with varying levels of partners across all functions
- Improve results and foster collaboration across businesses and borders
- Help with other ad-hoc projects that arise in a fast paced, ever-changing industry
- Build and implementation project change management plan in partnership with leadership and project team
- Jump in and roll sleeves up when needed to assist in project task completion.
- Adhere to project compliance standards (e.g. confidentiality, privacy).
Skills and Experiences :
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of program and project management experience with demonstrated exceptional delivery; 2+ years experience working in Human Resources or on Human Resourcs projects
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain programme and project tools for analysis, tracking, reporting, and communicating across project managers, business partners, and executive sponsors
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills; must be capable of communicating information to varied audiences; able to present complex issues in clear, simple language
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation; ability to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion
- Strong critical thinking, diagnostic, consulting, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills
- Strong eye for business and a track record of success in partnering with business leaders
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to accomplish assignments with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues/areas that do not always have a process or a system in place
- Ability to focus on critical issues to balance and respond to competing priorities
- Ability to handle confidential data
- Strong user of Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office Suite
- PMI certification and/or formal training in project management
- Knowledge of change management methodologies and strategies.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
COVID-19 Hiring Update
This role is anticipated to be assigned to work on-site at an Activision Blizzard office. However, we understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.