Project Manager, Game Analytics
Carlsbad, California, United States
17 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is seeking a Project Manager to join our growing Analytics practice. This is an amazing opportunity to manage high impact projects on a multi-discipline team that uses bleeding edge technology and complex big data analytics to deliver actionable metrics used to better understand our players and enhance their experience with our games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Carlsbad, CA.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Analytics team provides insights and actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- We work together with a number of departments to design and implement data and pipelines.
- We collaborate as a global team to develop cutting-edge data pipelines, data products, data models, reports, analyses and machine learning applications.
- Work closely within a team of data analysts, data scientists, data engineers, online service and game developers across multiple studios to deliver targeted analysis results.
- Assist in defining deliverables and distribution of the team's cycles for sprints and longer-term roadmaps.
- Help define and refine clear priorities, expectations and commitments and measurable progress points against those.
- Consistently track and confirm that desired progress against milestone and sprint goals is being achieved.
- Help streamline and adjust our project management processes to suit this team's specific workflow needs, while helping increase the reliability of meeting our goals.
- Help navigate adjustments to existing schedules and commitments due to quick responses requests that need immediate attention.
- Assist in chasing down and defining requirements for complex or lesser defined requests of the team.
- Clearly communicate project highlights and overall status with both internal team and a wide array of audiences around the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other related technical or project management related major.
- 5+ years of direct experience defining and managing multi-team, multi-location projects related to analytics, software development or technical development and their deliverables with a proven track record of managing them successfully.
- Experience managing a large volume of concurrent projects or project tasks.
- Flexibility and initiative, together with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Proven ability to find and execute creative solutions.
- Knowledge of agile project management techniques and best practices.
- Able to generate, explain, and present detailed project metrics, schedules, milestone objectives, status reports, and other documentation clearly and accurately.
- Proficiency in multiple software tools to manage projects and facilitate related communication, including and not limited to Excel, Bug Tracking Programs (i.e. TestTrack Pro, JIRA, Bugzilla), Word, MS Project, PPM system, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional, clear and effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Passion for the video game industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.