This job might no longer be available.
Progression / Rewards Lead, New World
14 days ago
We are looking for a Progression Lead to join the New World team. New World is an Open World MMO that pits players against the haunted wilderness of Aeternum, a mysterious island in the twilight of the Age of Exploration.
As the Progression Lead, you will lead the team that owns the progression, crafting and reward systems in New World. You will lead a team of designers to create chase worthy gear and systems to keep players engaged in content. You will balance and maintain the player driven economy, ensuring gold remains valuable and that various items are appropriately valued. You will ensure the tradeskill system offers crafters a great path to fun and profit.
Key job responsibilities
- Define and drive the vision for progression, crafting and reward systems in New World
- Create rewards for all the content in the game
- Balance and maintain the player driven economy
- Lead the design and development of future tradeksillls
- Maintain and improve the crafting system in New World
About the team
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Irvine, CA, USA
- 6+ Years experience in Video Games Industry supporting title Development, Release, or LiveOps
- 5+ years as a progression/rewards/content designer
- 2+ years managing and leading a team of designers
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Years of Industry Experience
- Shipped an MMO in a similar role
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Deep understanding of progression, gearing, and end games in MMOs
- Expert at documenting systems concisely and clearly
- Data analysis proficiency
- Experience designing, implementing and managing large numbers of game assets
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $116,400/year in our lowest geographic market up to $280,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. This position will remain posted until filled. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.