This job might no longer be available.
Programming Team Lead (Helix)
Montreal QC ca
16 days ago
As a Programming Team Lead at Ubi MTL, you'll join Helix, a cross-functional team specialized in producing visual content for games developed by our Canadian studios, renowned for having shipped quality titles such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow Six, For Honor, and many more.
In this role within Helix, you’ll manage an innovative team building and integrating optimized tools and pipelines into our game engines and digital content creation tools.
Thanks to your programming expertise combined with your understanding of film, animation, and video game production processes, you’ll be well-equipped to assess and organize your programmers’ work so that they can achieve their objectives.
Plus, you’ll represent your team and facilitate collaboration with partners throughout Ubisoft.
We need your expertise to help Helix developers deliver advanced and high-performance solutions that best meet the specific needs of our Canadian productions.
What you’ll do
- Guide and oversee your team of programmers.
- Support the execution of the technological vision.
- Define and implement the working methods best suited to meet the needs of production.
- Work closely with your team to plan deliverables.
- Prioritize and assign tasks to your team members + coordinate responsibilities involving several teams with project managers from other professions or fields.
- Monitor progress to guarantee your team’s deliverables.
- Make trade-offs between time, quality, and resources, while considering needs and priorities.
- Encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing across the company.
- Participate in recruitment to build and grow your team.
- Foster the professional growth of your programmers by connecting them to development opportunities and training to refine their interpersonal and technical skills.
What you bring
- Around 7 years of programming experience, ideally in the video game, VFX, or animation industry (or other relevant experience) + 2 years of leadership
- Experience supporting senior teams in reaching their full potential
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent training (a certificate in project management would be a plus)
- Mastery of C++ and Python
- Knowledge of distributed systems and open source technologies + experience with Jira, GitLab and Perforce
- The ability to work as part of a team + solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Good analysis and synthesis skills + attention to detail
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes
- Motivation to solve complex problems with simple and elegant solutions
- A desire to discuss and develop best practices with team members
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your experience, education, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montréal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montréal, you enter a community of extraordinary, passionate developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montréal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor, and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.