Programmer - Console Support
26 days ago
Blackbird Interactive is looking for a Programmer with Unreal Engine experience to join our engineering team to help implement Console support for a beloved franchise.
Are you a problem solver who enjoys working with a small, multidisciplinary team? Do you have experience in building games using the Unreal Engine that targeted current and/or next-gen Consoles?
As a Console Engineer you will be involved in a variety of interesting efforts. This includes supporting Designers to adapt control schemes for controllers as well as DevOps in establishing Console specific build and deployment pipelines. You’ll also be integral in working with both Engineers and Technical Arts to identify and implement any console specific optimizations that may be necessary.
- Establish and Maintain Console build and deployment pipelines
- Support Integration of Platform specific SDKs and Feature sets
- Provide team-facing documentation to inform and guide the work of downstream groups
- Provide technical feedback and support to Designers
- Support QA in gameplay and platform testing efforts
- Help test new tools / features before distribution to the rest of the team
- Participate in planning a roadmap to completion for the systems for which you’re responsible
- 4+ years of game development experience
- At least 1 shipped console title using the Unreal Engine
- C++ programming experience
- Experience optimizing both GPU and CPU related systems
- Self-direction and a proven ability to thrive in a highly technical environment
- Senior level experience
- 6 years of experience
- Online Feature development experience
- Experience owning large features and areas of the game design development
- Trains and mentors colleagues with less experience
At Blackbird, we're all about being true to our roots. We started small in our CEO's garage, and even though we're expanding, our desire is to stick to that foundation of creativity, community, and collaboration. Our team has proved that great ideas can come from any position in any discipline, so it's important to us to make sure every voice is heard.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us, and we've demonstrated that over the years by severely limiting over-time requirements. We want people to be happy about coming to work every day, and to that end we offer lots of opportunities for growth and development; whether it's lunch and learns, team events, or our generous vacation days, paid holiday closure and flexible schedules. We also try to provide every opportunity possible for our employees to spearhead R&D initiatives through our BlackOps program. In short, don't expect to feel like a cog in a machine working for BBI.
Due to COVID-19, applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, or currently in Canada on a work permit/visa. With the exception of specifically on-site roles, all roles will commence as a work-from-home arrangement. This arrangement will be revisited as COVID-19 government regulations are eased.
Please send a cover letter with your resume and application. If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
If you are interested in the role, please apply even if your experience and skills don’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.