This job might no longer be available.
Program Manager, Youth Engagement
18 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
We are looking for a Youth Engagement Program Manager to join our Civility and Advocacy Team.
Since our earliest days, Roblox's has been motivated by our community. They can also create engaging experiences, like the millions they've already built, where people spent 14.5 billion hours in the first quarter of 2023 alone. For many people, playing on Roblox is an opportunity to connect with other community members, explore their interests, and create their online avatar.
We are looking to further our commitment to representing our community voice through a youth engagement program focused on creating youth led content, capturing youth perspective, trends, and learnings, and partnering with cross-functional Roblox teams to bring valuable insights of youth to the table. This person will be responsible for managing the operations of the youth engagement program, including acting as the driver of our youth engagement board, while also supporting the logistics of the wider Civility Team.
Role is based in our San Mateo, CA office (3 days in-office, Tuesday-Thursday)
- Lead the development and maintenance of a youth engagement program at Roblox
- Develop content made by youth for youth, that is compelling, engaging, and instructive to educate and empower our community on well-being, online safety, and civility
- Stay on the pulse of the youth community to understand the challenges of young people broadly
- Work with our key partners (such as specialist youth organizations) to create content and execute on our Civility Innovation frameworks of:
- Approach online civility from a youth-rights framework.
- Include youth authentically in the development of new technologies and features.
- Understand that media literacy education is foundational to increased civility.
- Attend relevant external youth focused roundtables, workshops, and events
- Work closely with the Civility Program Manager to deepen cross-functional teams' understanding of youth voice; while becoming a trusted advisor to these teams.
- Conduct maintenance and administrative work for other ongoing team projects and priorities as needed
- Report to Program Manager of Civility and Advocacy Team
- 3+ years experience working with youth, preferably in a youth-oriented program
- Experience managing complex project initiatives of strategic importance, involving external partners and contributors
- A strong understanding of Roblox and its tools that can be leveraged to serve our youth community
- Startup mindset – highly passionate and a team player
- Experience working with research and data teams on research opportunities for product knowledge and additions to our internal research efforts
- Experience with youth audiences and how to engage them with a variety of content and initiatives
- Curiousity and are collaborative
- Strong writing skills and proficient in messaging and social media content strategy
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$120,220 — $157,580 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Roles that are based in our San Mateo, CA Headquarters are in-office Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, with optional in-office on Monday and Friday (unless otherwise noted).
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.