Program Manager, Onboarding
18 days ago
Who we are
At Fortis Games we aspire to make great games that bring people together while redefining how game companies work. We believe in building a sense of belonging through our games, their communities, and how we operate and treat each other. Through our game communities, we will create powerful connections and lasting memories. We will foster a culture of diversity, equity and belonging where together our diverse skills, experiences and background impact the games we make.
We are an early but mighty organization with a leadership team of game industry veterans. There are many opportunities for you to have a big impact on the products we’ll be making as well as the overall direction of the company. If you’re passionate about tackling difficult problems with direct and thoughtful communication and team first mentality, we may be the right place for you.
About the role
As the Program Manager, Onboarding, you will be responsible for overseeing the onboarding process for new employe es as well as their life cycle at Fortis. You will collaborate with various departments to ensure that new hires have a smooth and successful onboarding experience, and that they are integrated into the company's culture and values. You will also make sure that milestones in their career journey is being recognized at Fortis through programs.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive employee journey program that covers all aspects of the employee experience, including onboarding, career development, and recognition programs
- Serve as a mentor to new hires and other People Experience team members, providing guidance and support throughout their programs
- Collaborate with People Operations Team and Talent Acquisition to ensure that pre-employment requirements are completed and employees are set up for success from day one
- Partner with People Partners to create ensure both new hires and hiring managers are set up for success
- Conduct orientation sessions and onboarding training for new hires to ensure they have a thorough understanding of company policies, procedures, and expectations
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of the employee journey program and make recommendations for improvements based on feedback from employees, managers, and stakeholders
- Build relationships with hiring managers to understand their needs and ensure that the onboarding program aligns with their goals and objectives
- Develop and maintain employee journey metrics and analytics to measure the effectiveness of the program and identify areas for improvement
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and trends related to onboarding and incorporate them into the program as appropriate.
What you’ll need to be successful
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in onboarding or a related HR field
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and collaborate with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven experience developing and implementing successful onboarding programs
- Knowledge of HR regulations and compliance requirements related to onboarding
- Proficiency in HR technology systems, such as HRIS, Applicant Tracking Systems, and Learning Management Systems
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Why join us
There are many reasons to join us, but here are a few:
- We strongly believe we are changing how games studios operate and at the core of what we do is making great games that create a connected community
- We're not just about making Games Where You Belong. We're also about building communities where our people belong. That's why Fortis is a thriving environment that celebrates diversity, embraces inclusivity, and fosters growth.
- Build and grow with a seasoned team of accomplished talent who have left an impactful mark in their disciplines, both in and out of gaming
Fortis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.