Program Manager, International
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States, Los Angeles, California, United States, Portland, Oregon, United States, San Francisco, CA, United States, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
18 days ago
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 20,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host billions of casual esports tournaments for 30 million players worldwide.
Last year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we're looking for:
Powering Esports for Everyone, is the core vision of Skillz. 75% of the mobile gaming market is outside the US and is growing fast. We plan to bring ‘Global Play’ to the world. We are seeking a seasoned Program Management leader who will own and drive our international expansion. In this role, you will define the roadmap, unblock the hurdles in taking Skillz to the new markets, and impact hundreds of millions of players globally in the process.
You are a highly-organized, enthusiastic program manager with exceptional communication skills, a demonstrable talent for program management, and experience working with Payments or International expansion. The act of planning excites you; organization and efficiency make you squeal with glee. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, always follows-up, and enjoys working within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
What You'll Do:
- Own the program and our way forward for international expansion.
- Drive detailed discussions on product and high-level alignment on roadmap with key business stakeholders
- Track deliverables and actions held by multiple cross-functional teams
- Partner effectively across business units such as Legal, Product Development, Marketing
- Communicate with leaders at all levels on the plans, status, and risks
- Own initiative and sprint planning for cross-functional Prod Dev team
- Unblock project initiatives and escalade when needed
- Update or establish adoption of frameworks, tools, and best practices for the International team
- Own hiring and managing of additional Project Managers as the team grows
- 5+ years of work experience in program management roles
- 1+ year of people management experience
- Four year degree (or a great reason why you don't have one)
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and execute within a high-pressure environment
- Adaptable to changing requirements and business needs
- Capable of juggling multiple programs simultaneously
- Ability to motivate, encourage, persuade, increase cooperation and reduce tension among team members
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Previous experience with Gantt charts, MS Project, or other project management tools