This job might no longer be available.
4 months ago
Greetings from The Bunker! Secret Mode is the newly founded publishing wing of the award-winning Sumo Group Plc. Our goal is to publish internally developed projects from any of our 11 game development studios across the UK, US, Europe and India, as well as third party independent game developers.
Now is an exciting time to get in at the beginning of Secret Mode’s adventure. If you have a strong passion for video games and want to help us build the best games publisher in the business, please reach out to us. We’d love to have a chat!
The role @ Secret Mode
Secret Mode is seeking a candidate for a Production Manager, who will be responsible for setting up, and operating all Secret Mode titles into and along the production pipeline. Delivering quality and excellence for each title, working with our development partners to achieve those production goals.
You would be a great fit if you are obsessed about project management and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves in a fast-paced environment. This position would be best suited to someone with a proven track record in building and implementing processes and procedures to ensure our games are delivered as anticipated. Reporting into the Director of Publishing You'll manage 10-20 titles across any 12 month period.
In your new role you will:
- Add titles into the production pipeline once Greenlit (Project Kick off)
- Sets expected standards of game quality and best practices
- Work with external and internal development teams on the milestone process.
- Ensure a healthy feedback loop from QA, Marketing and other internal assessments to development teams on game dev and content suggestions and recommendations.
- Manage QA operation
- Manage certification across all platforms
- Manage localisation across all platforms
- Assist with submissions for development teams
- Help build post launch patch, content and DLC plans.
- Run Due Diligence checks on potential dev partners
- Validate Secret Mode production pipeline alongside Sumo Group Development Processes.
- Setting up and running project post mortems.
- Help improve communications between teams and across projects.
- Change Management
- Understands the market analysis, trends, competition, foresees future issues before the team and challenges them on them.
To be successful you will have:
- 3+ years delivering successful project management systems and processes.
- Game dev technically understanding
- Experience with Entertainment products and content
- Excellent interpersonal skills, workflow control and communication skills in some high-volume conditions
- Software development (games advantageous)
- Project Management methodologies and tools/techniques
- Ability to ‘talk’ to people at all levels
- Understands tech, lifecycles, change, waste, capacity and resource constraints.
- Report creation for senior management.
It would be great if you:
- Thrive in ambiguous situations and operate effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Create structure that reinforce a culture of accountability; including being a role model who takes strategic action to ensure Secret Mode’s values are adhered too.
- Proactive problem-solver who will jump right into complex cross-functional projects
- Excellent communicator and proven people person that is inclusive of and leverages diverse experiences and backgrounds
- Experience in delivering in excellent high quality results for high growth startups or games publishers or developers
What We Offer:
· Annual bonus scheme
· Electric car scheme
· Share incentive plan
· Competitive pension
· Flexible and remote working
· Dynamic friendly and inclusive working environment
· Virtual and in person social events, including launch parties, away days and Christmas events
· 27 days annual leave, including your birthday, a duvet day and Christmas shutdown
· 5 learning days
· Access to 4,000 Udemy courses and the GDC Vault
· Employee referral bonus
· Mentoring and career development, with clear progression plans
· Competitive mat/paternity & adoption leave
· Employee assistance program
· Life assurance of 4x salary
· Income protection of 75%
· A comprehensive and flexible benefit package
· Social Events and Celebrations with the wider Sumo Group
We are Secret Mode.
Quality drives us.
Fun informs us.
Community is our reason for being.
Inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do.
To delight and inspire is our goal.
Secret Mode is managed by a small group of industry veterans and a team of experienced and newcomers to the industry alike. We’re looking for diverse, creative, driven people who share our passion for all things video games, no matter their background.
As part of the Sumo family, we’re able to offer a super benefits package including generous holidays and flexible working hours. We’re based in Royal Leamington Spa but are flexible on work-from-home options.
Our environment is fast paced, dynamic and friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we publish. We’re in the amazing position of building a brand-new team, and creating a culture that’s all about passion, respect, diversity, fun and togetherness. We’re looking for people that love what they do and love to share their enthusiasm with each other. We have taken the #RaiseTheGame pledge to fully dedicate ourselves to inclusivity in our hiring and working processes and already have aligned ourselves with amazing initiatives and charity organisations to make a difference in the industry we all love.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.