This job might no longer be available.
Production Manager (User Research Lab)
Montreal QC ca
15 days ago
At Ubisoft Montreal’s User Research Lab, we contribute to creating the best gaming experiences by putting players at the centre of the design process.
Working hand in hand with production teams, we leverage in-depth player insights to guide their decision-making, combining state-of-the-art qualitative and quantitative research through a wide variety of methodologies and data sources to do so.
As a Production Manager within the Lab, you’ll support a multidisciplinary team of researchers, analysts, moderators, and more throughout the user research process of one specific title at the studio.
Bridging game developers and Lab team members, you’ll facilitate alignment and collaboration, creating a culture of openness and exchange that allows everyone to communicate, blend their complementary skills, and work as a cohesive unit to achieve a common goal.
What you’ll do
- Partner with the production team to understand the overall game vision, scope, and user research needs.
- Support the execution of the user research strategy designed by user research and game intelligence analysts.
- Foster communication and collaboration with partners inside and outside the Lab.
- Anticipate resource requirements + provide the team with all they need to work efficiently and achieve quality (tools, documentation, communication channels, etc.).
- Regularly meet with team members to align their tasks, prioritize deliverables, give updates, etc.
- Work closely with Lab leads to stay on top of overall progress + ensure the overall quality of the team’s deliverables.
- Plan and budget all user research efforts throughout production + contribute to adapting and improving our processes.
- Synch up with other production managers across the company to discuss learnings and facilitate knowledge sharing overall.
- Participate in recruitment to build and grow the team.
What you bring
- A degree in Project Management, Communications, Administration, or equivalent
- Around 3 years of project management experience + experience managing a multidisciplinary team (or other relevant experience) *
- An understanding of the video game production process (experience in the industry, an asset)
- Knowledge of project management tools like Jira or Perforce
- A collaborative and solution-oriented spirit
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills + plenty of flexibility
- The ability to make impartial decisions
- Effective cross-departmental communication: you can comfortably communicate with a variety of disciplines (programming, design, art, and so on)
*Expertise in game design, data science, analytics, UX, or user research would be a huge plus.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your experience, education, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alexis. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in its many forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.