20 days ago
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company with the mission to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games while thriving in stable and meaningful careers. When developers thrive, games do too. ProbablyMonsters believes that the process of developing games should be as amazing as the games themselves. That is why we obsess about providing a positive and well-resourced environment with strong compatible cultural ties for our teams. We understand that ensuring a meaningful and rewarding creative space for our Monsters translates into memorable and valuable experiences for players.
As Production Director , you will use your understanding and experience with overseeing production of single-player, narrative-driven experiences to add to the creative execution and success of the game. Reporting to the General Manager, the Production Director oversees the entire production and planning processes from ideation to launch and beyond. This role works cross-functionally across all disciplines and teams, internally and externally, to define and achieve production milestones .
WHO YOU ARE:
- Prioritize fostering a healthy, high-functioning, and transparent work culture with your teams and partners.
- Take pride when the team delivers a product above quality expectations, on schedule, and on budget.
- Unwavering in your desire to create a positive and inclusive work culture.
- Comfortable working in the highly iterative and ambiguous realities of the incubation environment.
- Enthusiastic about creating experiences for single-player, narrative-focused games.
- Effective at breaking down complex ideas and communicating them effectively across disciplines.
- An excellent mentor and leader; able to guide a team to improve their craft.
- Motivated and independent, unafraid to ask for help when needed, and always willing to offer help.
- Skilled at giving and receiving feedback on goals, quality, and interpersonal interactions.
- A source of empathy and compassion when managing conflict and dealing with misalignment.
- Organized and able to develop milestones through clear direction and sustainable scoping.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Accountable for developing and executing the operational strategy for team and product delivery.
- Holds all game teams accountable for making and meeting project commitments.
- Develop accountability rituals wherein teams plan and review their commitments/delivery and hold each other accountable for them, celebrate successes, and learn from failures.
- Develop systems to ensure problems with delivery are regularly and quickly diagnosed and addressed.
- Ensure internal stakeholders and customers are always up to date on what commitments have been made and how the delivery is going.
- Understand the capabilities of internal and external game team partners and how they align with our strategies for current work and future needs.
- Drive game leadership discussion around how to grow (headcount/vendor projections, hiring) and then allocate the workforce for the game project(s).
- Manage the game Production staff, supporting them in their management of the broad span of production across the various partner teams.
- Ensure that conflicts within and between internal and external game teams are resolved effectively.
- Ensure psychological safety, a healthy feedback culture, and conflict management within and between internal and external game teams.
- When applicable, ensure that co-development relationships are managed and effective.
- Experience with various development methodologies and their applications (e.g. Agile software development, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of games, relevant gaming audiences, and the gaming industry.
- Experience leading and functioning in ambiguous, collaborative environments with team members of several levels and disciplines.
- Experience maintaining excellent relationships with, and proven ability to lead meetings for, a variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability in product management and using prioritization schemes.
- Experience translating product vision into operating strategy and organizational design.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to lead onboarding for new and existing team members and partners (internal or external).
- Ability to enhance relationships and partner with senior internal/external partners.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Suite (Office, Project, Excel, One Note) or equivalent software.
- 10+ years of production experience in a dynamic professional environment such as games, tech, entertainment/media, etc.
- 7+ years of game development leadership experience with at least 2+ years in a leadership role shipping games (Principal / Lead Producer, Production Director, Head of Production, Operations Lead, etc.), end-to-end preferred
- 3+ years of direct management experience.
- Experience and familiarity with multiple gaming platforms and genres.
- Experience in developing story-focused games or a passion for story-focused games is preferred.
- Preferred experience in developing games with a significantly sized co-development model.
ProbablyMonsters is a AAA independent video game company that aims to change the way games are made. We unite a diverse roster of development teams in a healthy, rewarding culture. We believe empowered creators build the most engaging games and deliver the best player experiences.
ProbablyMonsters is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- We provide a rich benefits package:
- Medical Coverage - health, dental, and vision paid at 100% for the employee and dependents are subsidized by the Company.
- Healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life, and AD&D insurance.
- 401(k) with an annual contribution by the Company.
- Paid holidays and vacation, bereavement leaves, and parental leave.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part-time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, exempt (salaried) position.
- The full salary range for this position is $197,200 - $305,600 per year. The upper third of the salary range is typically reserved for existing employees who demonstrate strong performance over time. When an offer is made, many factors are considered, such as your unique experience and skills, where you live, where the work will be performed, what similar jobs pay, internal equity, and what you're looking for.
- In addition to base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for additional incentives, such as a sign-on bonus and short- and long-term incentives. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.