Production Director M/F
3 days ago
Reporting to the Producer, the Production Director will implement best processes, methods and tools to deliver a major game project. The incumbent will ensure the advancement of the work and attainment of production objectives.
The main and routine tasks of the production director are as follows:
- Define the game development strategy and key deliverables (production and non-production);
- Participate in the development of the organizational structure of the project to put team talents to optimal use;
- Establish and implement a clear decision-making framework, communicate the framework to teams and ensure that members follow the structure during the production process;
- Optimize and enhance work methods to simply and clearly coordinate teams and working units;
- Implement means to foster communication between team members;
- Coordinate, delegate and organize the work to be carried out;
- Help meet and follow up on budgets;
- Define best production management practices and share them within the studio.
- Define project deliverables and risks by providing information on the impacts in terms of scope, resource planning or future changes;
- Carry out deliverable follow ups with production directors and managers and keep the Producer/Senior Producer informed on the advancement of the work;
- Recommend plans of action to handle delays that impact the content, schedule or quality;
- Ensure to obtain the expected level of quality for the game by implementing best processes, methods and tools;
- Help select technologies with the Producer/Senior Producer and technical and IT teams.
- Help define HR needs and set out the resources plan for approval by executives;
- Participate in the development and follow up of the hiring/assignment plan and selection of team members in collaboration with Associate Producers and/or Project coordinators ;
- Ensure team mobilization by regularly gauging team spirit and implementing means to create a work environmental that fosters productivity;
- Coach direct contributors and provide feedback on their performance on a regular basis to help them to evolve in their role;
- Carry out the performance assessments for direct contributors and take part in the process by validating the coherence and equity for the team he/she oversees.
In order to handle the job you will need the following professional background :
- Contribution as an associate producer or as a producer to shipping at least two AA or AAA games
- A strong knowledge of the video game industry and a solid video game culture
- English is required, French is a nice to have
Shipping a game with post-launch / online content would be nice to have as well.
The following qualities would also improve your ability to perform in a producer function :
- A strong analytic mind with problem solving skills
- The ability to give consistent directions on various fields (art, game design, organization, business ...)
- Leadership & diplomacy
Joining our studios in France also means :
- Join one of the leaders of the video game industry in France that is present in 30 countries with evolution possibilities in one of them
- Work with passionate teams with great technical expertise. All of them are willing to design and create high quality, innovative games
- Collaborate with teams that are known for their strong experience of known IPs
- Build your own expertise joining our internal events (talks, salons, conferences) and benefit from our personalized training programs
As an employer, Ubisoft offers equal chances to everyone no matter their gender, ethnicity, faith, sexual preferences, handicap or age.
Ubisoft develops an inclusive workplace, doing their best to reflect the diversity or their gamer community within the production teams.
The World of UBISOFT
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their goal to enrich the life of the players with memorable and original entertainment experiences. They give life to beautiful worlds where the imagination can express itself completely, resulting in moments of surprise, fun and adventure that allow the player to learn and discover himself.
At Ubisoft, you have the opportunity to work and grow with passionate teams that are pioneers in their field, all around the world. You will evolve in a caring and inspiring environment in which you will push the limits of the imagination and technology to create worlds that will fascinate our players.
In the context of its development, Ubisoft is looking for a new Production Director to join its production studio in Paris, where titles such as "Ghost Recon: Breakpoint", "Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle", "Just Dance 2021" or "Watch_Dogs Legion" have recently been developed.