This job might no longer be available.
Production Coordinator: Environment Art
1 month ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is on the lookout for a Production Coordinator to join our Environment Art team and assist in making some of the most highly respected and widely recognized AAA titles in video games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Carlsbad, CA.
WHAT WE DO
- Production Coordinators work to improve global communication between various disciplines of Art, Code and Design to ensure there is a clear workflow, with transparency of moving parts, to our fellow developers.
- We collaborate with Artists, Designers, Leads and Directors to schedule, track and complete team goals.
- We proactively use knowledge and experience to identity and solve problems before they affect our development teams.
- We build an inclusive, engaged, and fun working environment.
- Build and Maintain communication between Art, Design and fellow associates on developing shared workflows.
- Liaise with Technical Directors/Leads and the wider teams as necessary to ensure all work is prioritized correctly and help keep track of the workloads on individual members of the team(s).
- Produce reports to help with long term planning, organize sprint meetings and follow up on project progress / agreed work, and equally identify and follow up on dependencies with other departments and get them resolved promptly.
- Liaise with the QA and Build teams to understand and communicate priority issues to Technical Directors/Leads and coordinate structured testing of major new features where necessary.
- Coordinate grabbing further information on new bugs from QA, deduplicate, and look for patterns in bugs that might indicate a deeper problem.
- Gather information and resources from the team and collate them for daily and weekly updates on all projects whilst equally producing and disseminating specialist reports to support other departments.
- Create and maintain documentation from a variety of sources, including meeting notes, design docs, weekly project updates and emails, plus record tutorial and demo videos for feature areas as required.
- Degree / diploma in a related discipline, or 1+ year experience working as a Production Coordinator
- Proficiency in multiple software tools to manage projects and facilitate related communication, including and not limited to Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel), Shotgrid, Confluence, Monday and other project tracking and bug database software.
- Experience contributing to the maintenance of a project plan and schedule.
- Great interpersonal skills. Must be able to work closely in a team setting and with other departments.
- A willingness to be involved in all aspects of the development process.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Positive, solution-oriented individual with a passion for game development and project management.
- Excellent and confident communicator.
- Eagerness to learn new workflows and software tools.
- Motivated, flexible and autonomous.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Experience managing web content. E.g. wikis, dashboards.
- Genuine enthusiasm for video games; especially Rockstar titles.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- An interest in video games and their development.
- Participation in any academic or industry research or complex project development.
- Professional experience in the Software, Video Game, or similar industry.
- Professional experience in Quality Assurance, HelpDesk, IT support, etc.
- Experience with:
- Project Management.
- Game Creation or Modification Tools.
- Perforce or equivalent source control software.
- Jira or equivalent bug/project tracking software.
- Visual Studio.
- Windows APIs.
- Batch, Python or PowerShell scripting.
- Reading and analyzing technical output and/or crash dumps
- Post-secondary educational experience with a technical focus (e.g., Computer Science, Software Engineering, etc.).
- In-depth familiarity of Rockstar products is a massive plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The pay range for this position in San Diego at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
*San Diego Pay Range
$63,200 — $88,500 USD