Production Coordinator: Design - Systems
5 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is on the lookout for talented Production Coordinators who possess a passion for supporting creative teams. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s studio in Carlsbad.
WHAT WE DO
- We create moments of exciting action gameplay, ultra-real slices of ambient life, and everything in between for both our story-driven and online game worlds.
- The games we make span many genres and types of gameplay. The design team brings their wide knowledge of game design, software engineering, and their own personal experiences to make world class games.
- The design team works closely with all departments in the company. We bring together narrative, art, code systems, UI, networking, animation, audio and many other elements to create an immersive world.
- You will join a global team setting high standards across all our projects, who have an exacting production focus and an obsession for getting the minutiae right.
- Work with the Design: Systems team to provide production support for all our Global titles.
- Liaise with Design Directors/Leads and the Design Production teams as necessary to ensure all work is prioritised correctly.
- Liaise with the QA and Build teams to understand and communicate priority issues to Design Directors/Leads.
- Liaise with external departments on behalf of the design team, keeping lines of communication open around features and requirements.
- Create and maintain documentation from a variety of sources, including meeting notes, design docs, and emails.
- Gather information and resources from the team and collate them for daily and weekly update(s) on all projects.
- Track tasks and project progress, working with development teams to identify and resolve any issues blocking work.
- Manage, assign, and deadline bugs between the Design: Systems teams.
- 2+ years of post-secondary educational experience in a related discipline.
- Proven written & verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to write accurate and descriptive bug reports.
- Proven ability to communicate and comprehend technical information in both written and oral form.
- An aptitude for working in a deadline-focused team environment.
- Self-motivated and adaptable with strong problem-solving skills.
- An eagerness to learn new software and develop skillsets.
- Strong data management skills.
- Basic knowledge of any programming or scripting language (e.g. C/C++, C#, Java, Perl, Python, Ruby, VB, etc.)
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- An interest in video games and their development.
- Professional experience in the Software, Video Game, or similar industry.
- Professional experience in Quality Assurance, HelpDesk, IT support, etc.
- Experience with:
- Project Management.
- Game Creation or Modification Tools.
- Perforce or equivalent source control software.
- Jira or equivalent bug/project tracking software.
- Visual Studio.
- Windows APIs.
- Batch, Python or PowerShell scripting.
- Reading and analyzing technical output and/or crash dumps
- Post-secondary educational experience with a technical focus (e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering, etc.).
- In-depth familiarity of Rockstar products is a massive plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.