This job might no longer be available.
3 months ago
ABOUT GHOST STORY GAMES
Ghost Story Games (formerly known as Irrational Games) is a self-publishing game studio owned by Take-Two Interactive. Our mission is simple: to create immersive, story-driven videogames for people who love games that ask something of them.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Ghost Story Games is looking for a temporary, production assistant. In this role, you will support our Production department with the day-to-day operations which includes scheduling meetings, taking notes, tracking actions items and any other tasks that might arise. We are looking for a well-organized, detail-oriented and judicious person in this entry level position. Although you will receive specific tasking and direction, the ideal candidate also shows personal initiative and the desire to take on new challenges in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work on a creatively ambitious project in the immersive sim genre.
- A world-class team. We are proud to be home to some of the most talented, smartest, nicest and hardest-working colleagues. We make mistakes sometimes, but we help each other by finding mistakes early and depending on each other to fix them quickly.
- We are a core development team of just over 30 people and work closely with specialist outsource groups and contractors when necessary.
- Open Communication: Our team members are welcome to join any meeting, and we have a flat structure. Do you have a question or a concern? Just walk up to anyone and ask! Team-based decision making is important to us, regardless of your position – every opinion counts and is considered.
- The Space: We love our studio space and all the comfortable perks that come with it, such as a fully stocked kitchen (drinks, fruit, snacks, breakfast food), plenty of shops, restaurants and (urgent care) services within walking distance, a game room, a quiet room, outdoor deck, free parking, public transportation connections including the Amtrak train into Boston + NY and maybe, just maybe, we have a bathysphere whiskey bar.
- Free Merchandise: Every new employee is welcomed with an onboarding swag package to make sure they blend right in. Additionally, each of our team members can expect to receive a new merchandise item every time one goes live in our fan store. For fans of other Take-Two studios, there is a discounted employee store where you can find the latest games and swag from our sister studios.
- On-Site Support: Our world-class IT and Operations teams make sure that you get what you need to do what you do best. They keep us working, fed, hydrated and happy. Full team-catered lunches for new employee welcomes or significant team meetings? Receiving your online shopping orders? Getting you an aspirin when needed? They have your back!
Great Place to Work ® has certified our workplace culture. At Ghost Story Games, 100 percent of employees say their workplace is great.
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings.
- Provide logistical meeting support in preparation for meetings.
- Taking detailed meeting notes and distributing them in a timely fashion.
- Tracking action items and updating systems.
- Providing administrative support as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Effective communication and diplomatic skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent planning, and interpersonal skills
- Basic technical skills with planning tools and build tools.
- A passion for games
- A great attitude
- Very team-oriented
- A love of multitasking
- A high standard of work
- Discipline in meeting deadlines
- Ability to pick up new skills quickly
- Ability to take on any task, large or small, trivial or exciting with equal aplomb
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and willing to relocate to the Boston area.
WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
Please have played or at least be familiar with our legacy games System Shock 2 , BioShock and BioShock Infinite .
View this video from Ken Levine’s 2014 GDC talk which explains the high-level concept for the game we’re working on.