Production Assistant (MoCap) - Temporary Assignment
Los Angeles California United States
19 days ago
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Capture team is made up of industry-leading experts responsible for motion and performance capture, 3D body and facial scanning, data processing and virtual cinematography tools.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced motion and performance stage capture Production Assistant to join our team in Los Angeles. Our Production Assistants are on the floor on shoot days and are a day-to-day contact for our internal studio and production office teams. They can deliver their tasks efficiently, on time and on budget while managing multiple projects at once. Partnering closely with the Producer, Production Assistants are at the heart of our projects and are involved at every step from pipelines, to front lines, and everywhere in between.
**This position is a temporary assignment to start, with potential for longer term employment. Working hours are full time and will include time onsite at our Los Angeles capture facilities located in Chatsworth, CA. (Relocation is not offered for this position.)**
- Check schedule availability of motion capture performers and related external crew. Create supporting engagement documents – performer timesheets, send Safety Documentation and video setup in the main lobby, confirming NDA and/or health check-ins have been completed.
- Supports booking and prep for additional services such as catering, OFA, CCO/testing lab, transport, and coordinate rental equipment.
- Sets up recording session tool/database, imports performer info, imports shotlists.
- Helps people sign in during a shoot day including visitors and external vendors
- Takes production notes and coordinates all production-related meetings, shoot day communication (Approval requests: people allowed on stage and dates/times), call-sheet prep, supports safe work procedures
- Coordinates with Facilities and Security Teams on access permission, list updates, cleaning schedule, facility maintenance
- Performs administrative duties as required (eg. ordering consumables, stocking)
- Orchestrates and schedules shipping logistics rentals needed for and by the shooting production teams.
- Coordinates online communications during a recording session (eg. Zoom, Discord, Beam, etc.)
- Helps organize the stage to prepare for service re-openings and new services
- Help with documentation / maintenance
- Proven proficiency in Google Suite and MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Word)
- Demonstrated ability to input recording session data and search asset databases, in particular Shotgun Software
- Experience in entertainment production office environments (eg. games, VFX, film & TV)
- Experience specifically in motion capture environments.