This job might no longer be available.
Production Accountant (Contract) - Esports
Los Angeles, California, United States
7 months ago
In 2009, Riot released its debut title, League of Legends and, which has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a main reason for the dramatic growth of esports. At the core is the Global Esports team, the group responsible for operating the major League of Legends competitive international tournaments, defining global policies for the sport, driving global narratives, and providing services to our 15 different regional leagues. We want to bring joy to billions of fans around the world by fostering a thriving global sport ecosystem. That’s where you come in.
Production Accountants at Riot manage the financial operations of our show productions. As a Production Accountant within Global Esports, you will work with our production team on all of the international League of Legends competitive events.
Reporting to a Line Producer, you will join our events production team to support multiple producers with cost management, tracking, and budget reconciliation.
- Partner with line producer, our global finance department, and our regional finance departments to ensure maintenance of forecasting, tracking, and reporting of production budgets.
- Track and code invoices and production costs to ensure all costs are actualized and updated into the show and events budgets.
- Work with Riot’s purchasing system to push Riot vendors through our internal purchasing process, approvals, and follow up with accounts payable to ensure vendors are getting paid. Assist setting up new vendors into our purchasing system.
- Identify and flag potential areas for budgetary risk and opportunity for process improvements.
- Support line producer with ad-hoc reporting.
- Work with line producer on a tracking system for all partners outside of Global Events that have costs that spend towards our event, and aggregate data to be tracked for review.
- 5+ years of production accounting and/or finance experience .
- Proficient in the Google ecosystem (drive, docs, sheets, keep) and media budgeting software (i.e. move magic, media web, and show biz).
- 8+ years of production accounting and/or finance experience .
- Any former experience as a line producer.
- Experience processing payroll and labor laws.
- Experience developing new systems of tracking among multiple data points.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business-related field.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.