Product Support Manager, Payments
27 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
The Trust and Safety Product Support team is focused (ok, maybe obsessed) with enabling Roblox’s customer service operations teams, through change management, subject matter expertise and by transforming the customer experience through multi-year vision and strategy execution. Product Support Managers power that mission, owning the end to end service delivery experience for the product they support.
We are hiring a Product Support Manager to own product support operations for Payments. This means you will become a subject matter expert on Roblox’s payment strategies, creating and innovating high-quality support experiences around them. This role is highly cross-functional, bridging the gap between operations and product.
Through data-driven insights, you will develop recommendations for process improvements, product enhancements, and agent tooling and automation improvements that enable a more frictionless, consistent customer experience. You will act as the voice of the customer to the Product team, influencing their product roadmap by providing insights gained from our global customer interactions. You will also work with Engineering to ensure that identified bugs are addressed and resolved in a timely manner. Lastly, as you create recommendations, you will operationalize these recommendations through strong project management in partnership with Operations, Product, Marketing, Finance, and others.
This role is located at our headquarters in San Mateo, California.
- Build business processes and procedures for supporting our billing and payment platforms
- Use metrics to set the strategy and goals for improving and building our business processes and optimal workflows that can build to scale while simultaneously driving improvements in customer and product satisfaction
- Provide insights and feedback from customer interactions that can be leveraged to assist Product management in building their product roadmap
- Partner with Engineering teams in ensuring prioritization of customer and agent escalated issues.
- Build and document knowledge guidance and processes for support methodologies, including documentation around internal and external audiences and macro development.
- Drive scoping and executing large, multi-quarter projects to provide our customers and support agents with technology, training, and knowledge/workflows solutions that improve top-line metrics (e.g. CSAT, first reply time, contact rate, productivity, etc)
- Build Product Support launch management and Go-To-Market documentation for CS Operations teams to ensure readiness in support functions.
- Synthesize and influence by clearly communicating and presenting data oriented information. Ensure that other Roblox organizations and external BPO partners understand the methodologies and our metrics
- Regularly communicate associated outcomes and insights to various stakeholders at all levels, including senior management to help guide strategic decisions for improvement and highlight your team’s work
- 8+ years of professional experience in program management, product support, or product operations with an emphasis on customer service
- 2+ years experience supporting payments or billing growth initiatives
- Familiarity with 3rd party billing platforms such as PayPal and Stripe
- Demonstrated track record of working with cross-functional teams (e.g. customer support, engineering, product, risk, etc.) across multiple locations, domestic and international
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders with varying priorities and drive creative solutions and commitment to a shared goal
- Strong critical thinking and data-analysis skills with experience navigating large data sets
- Experience articulating complex topics in an easy-to-consume way
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$152,720 — $185,320 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Roles that are based in our San Mateo, CA Headquarters are in-office Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, with optional in-office on Monday and Friday (unless otherwise noted).
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.