This job might no longer be available.
19 days ago
Job Title - Product Owner
Reports Into - Head of Data Science
Location - Almada, Portugal
A Little Bit about Kwalee….
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 900 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
What’s In It For You?
Are You Up To The Challenge?
The Product Owner is responsible for leading the development of a Cross Promotion Platform (CPP) for the mobile advertising business. The role involves working with marketing and engineering teams to develop a solution that will optimise user experience and streamline campaign delivery. The Product Owner also drives the company's vision for CPP and oversees product design, development and delivery. This includes ensuring the platform meets customer needs, optimising product features, and managing product teams and resources.
Your Team Mates
We're a bunch of tech whizzes who make the backbone of Kwalee's game experience technology. We maintain the servers' health to an optimum level so that our millions of players can continue enjoying themselves with our games. Your team is instrumental in planning, organising and managing technical projects, working closely with developers and senior management.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define the product vision, scope and timelines
- Define detailed user stories and prioritise based on business value
- Monitor progress and ensure timely delivery of releases
- Developing and managing our advertising technology
- Define which partner systems should be integrated into our product
- Working closely with multiple departments to create a fully featured advertising product from a design, technical and process perspective
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to help build the backlog of product features
- Maintain the backlog of product features and roadmap launches
- Feature scoping and sprint planning
- Analyse gaps in the product offering and design new features to address them
Your Hard Skills
- Proven experience in product management and product ownership
- Excellent project management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication, ability to boil down complex issues to their essence.
- Creative and strategic mind-set able to find opportunities with complex projects.
- Knowledge of agile and SCRUM product owner methodologies and tools
- Can manage a complex backlog of features and launch roadmap
- Great people skills with the ability to communicate plans with internal and external stakeholders
- A bonus if you’ve worked in the gaming industry or a related technology field
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: - Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth - including Antarctica!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.