1 month ago
Product Manager| Product| London| Full-time
We’re Hutch, a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the most diverse and engaged automotive gaming community on mobile. Our games have been played by over 280 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Our teams are small and empowered, they have the independence to take on creative and technical challenges together, to work collaboratively, to make great games and have fun along the way.
We believe in; Looking after our people, small empowered teams, complete transparency, test, learn repeat, community at the core and the freedom to focus on what truly makes a difference to our players.
We’re driven by our players! Come and Join the mission!
Hutch are looking for an experienced Product Manager with proven Free to play (F2P) games experience. You will join a cross functional game team, based in London and develop a successful Hutch title.
You should be collaborative, creative and self-motivating. You should have a strong understanding of games, Free to Play and Monetisation. You’ll be working closely within a development team, reporting into a Game Director helping to develop new features and systems.
Hutch supports their employees and helps them develop and grow. We would welcome candidates with proven Product Management expertise and we would also consider strong Designers or Analysts that would like to progress into a Product role.
- Dive deeply into our game and develop an expert knowledge of the economy and systems
- Develop new features and systems for our mobile title that will improve monetisation, engagement, retention and virality
- Be a key player in the product development, strategic vision, and business operations of a mobile gaming title
- Explore the best opportunities for the game keeping an eye on commercial outcomes and player experience
- Own the data operation of your title, including the management/improvement of tools and technology and creating reports to communicate across Hutch
- Be an expert in understanding the players; identifying strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for growth in the game experience.
- Work with the developers to define, plan, and iterate game features to a high-quality standard.
- Experience working on a successful mobile F2P game
- Experience of working in a live operation setting
- Strong understanding of game economy,
- Strong design mentality and intuition for game mechanics and the appeal of different game types
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and the ability to refine hypotheses/model by digging into user data and iteratively improving metrics
- Ability to write clear and concise specs for new features
- Ability to understand and think creatively about the most engaging and profitable game mechanics and themes
- Hands-on and impact-driven you focus on results and the desire to make the best games possible
- A background in design and a deep understanding of balancing and systems is great, but not essential
Life at Hutch
Our HQ is in the heart of Shoreditch, central London with other offices in Dundee and Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. We're an agile, creative team with people at the core of our values. We reward our employees with:
- Enhanced Maternity (18 weeks) and Paternity leave (6 weeks)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working 2 days per week
- Excellent salaries
- Private health care
- Access to mental health initiatives such as private mental health coaching
- Support to learn, develop and progress within Hutch
- Free snacks and drinks
- Lots of social events, game launch parties, Friday night drinks and much more
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Come and find out more about Hutch. We make racing games, but it’s not the only thing that drives us - https://www.hutch.io/