Product Manager - Strategy Segment
Stockholm 118 66 SE
14 days ago
Are you a seasoned project manager and business leader used to directing and motivating a team of dedicated experts? Do you want to work with strategy games, exploring new ways to bring deep and complex games to passionate audiences? We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our team and work alongside Paradox Development Studio on existing and new Grand Strategy games, helping to continue to deliver quality, as well grow and innovate the genre for the future.
As a Product Manager at Paradox Interactive, you are both a business and product leader, charged with carrying the game’s vision and coordinating a team of experts towards the delivery of the product and its operation through the live service. The Product Manager is also the main business owner for one or several products, accountable for both the quality and the profitability of the games and making sure that the business case stays sound through their evolution.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Being the vision driver and owner of product performance, setting the quality goals and making sure the game hits the KPI targets
- Leadership, coordination and support of product teams composed of experts in their fields such as Partner Managers, Marketing or Production disciplines, making sure that the game’s vision is shared across the organization
- Establishes, oversees and coordinates all budget, production, marketing and sales activities to ensure the fulfillment of the product plan or other steering documents
- Ownership of the business case of the product, including building and balancing the budget, assists and develops the long-term strategic roadmap and consumer marketing plans for those products
- Being responsible for the launch and post-release activities of those products alongside the development studio
- Representation of the project and its team to both internal and external partners and stakeholders, including presentations, reporting, etc.
- Building and maintaining a healthy relationship with development partners, both internal or external studios
- 5+ years of relevant experience in either product management or production from the games industry
- Experience handling both the cost and revenue side on projects
- Bachelor degree or similar in a relevant field
- Team leadership experience
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Familiarity with and/or interest in Paradox games is a strong plus
On a personal level we believe that you have great organisational and planning skills. You can deal with and keep track of multiple stakeholders with different backgrounds and different levels of seniority. You are a good leader, self starter and a get-shit-done type of person. You have an entrepreneurial spirit, thrives with tough goals and you are driven by building things from the ground up. Finally, you can think long term and see the bigger picture.
Scope: Full time and permanent
Reports to: Segment Owner
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.